Chapter 66 - In which Fred plays Cupid

"Grub's up!" 

Fred walks into the room with another plate of steaming hot soup and sets it down next to all the other uneaten bowls of food. He manages to avoid my eyes yet again as he leaves again without another word. This is what my life has come to. I'm  a prisoner to the man I'm in love with and he won't even come see me let alone speak to me. If there was ever a punishment suited to my crimes, this would be it. It only makes sense when I consider all the mistakes I've made. 

With all the spare time I have, it's all I can do. It's become a funny game actually. Think of a memory, find the mistake, realise how much I messed up. There's not a single moment that I can think of where I haven't personally caused pain. Who knew I would become the monster I thought I was as child? 

Slowly, I push the bowl away from me. It wobbles slightly before tipping all over me. Swearing, I try to grab a couple of napkins, but the chains prevent me from moving too far and I just end up spilling the other bowls of food, making more of a mess. 

I can't even refuse to eat properly. 

Grabbing the closest bowl, all the anger and frustration built up from the past few months surfaces. My eyes glaze over as I consider letting this emotion bring out my fire demon. 

No. 

Those days are over. Anger, hatred, desperation, they are never the answer. That being said, I don't really think I'll be able to get through this without dealing my feelings. 

SMASH

I exhale slowly as I regard the remnants of the bowl on the floor. Shrugging, I take another one and throw it on the ground. It feels so good to finally get out all my pent up emotions because Merlin knows there's no one here who wants to listen to me. 

SMASH

That one is for you, father. No matter what, I can't help but feel abandoned by you. Not only did you leave me too soon, but you also left me with the man who single handedly has been trying to destroy me. How could you do that to your baby girl? How could you just leave me? Family is supposed to stick together. They're supposed to forgive each other and never give up, even when every sane part of them is telling them to. Yet, you did both. 

SMASH

Snape. I can't even think your name without feeling sick. You loved me like a daughter. You raised me like one. My father failed me, but never did I ever consider you would too. We were supposed to have each other's backs. We had a mutual understanding. How could you just turn your back on me? How could you just let me turn mine? 

SMASH

Malfoy. 

SMASH

The slimy, back-stabbing, no-good, pathetic fuc-

SMASH

George. 

SMASH

I pause for a second as I look at the last remaining glass I have in my hands. George. I broke you. I don't deserve to be angry at you. You're just reacting to everything I did. But yet, I still can't help but feel frustrated. How could you just give up on me? Everyone else, I can understand, but you were supposed to be different. You taught me that there could be a different. 

Tossing the glass to my other hand, I place it gently down on the side. 

But then I see a flash of red hair in the corner of my eyes and suddenly I can't help myself. Whipping around, I grab the glass and throw it against the intruder, knowing that my bad aim would mean no real harm will happen.