Chapter 25

"I need to talk to you about something" Layla said to me in a concerned voice as we walked into school.

She looked exhausted, I knew something wasn't right. 

"Yeah sure" I said giving her a smile.

"I caught Zayn doing drugs" She said, her voice drained of the happiness that usually was there. "And I'm just letting you know in case Harry was involved" she said quietly. 

I suddenly felt a pain in my chest. Harry wouldn't do drugs, not after what he told me about his mum, would he? 

I shook my head at her.

"Harry wouldn't" I said to her. 

She laughed, which shocked me a bit. I gave her a funny look.

"Yeah and I thought Zayn wouldn't either" she whispered to me. 

I didn't know what to say, I knew Layla wouldn't end it with him though. She never was the one to end it, she was the one who got heartbroken.

"I caught him at a party. He had cannabis and something else, I'm not sure what it was. But you could tell he'd been on something. We got into a fight and we haven't spoken since" she said as she removed her books from her locker.

She then began to cry, I stood there uncomfortably not knowing what to do. I stroked her back to try and comfort her.

"It will be okay" I said to her. "He won't do it again if he knows it upsets you". 

She looked at me with tears running her down her cheeks and shook her head.

"He's been doing it for ages Liv" she sighed as she wiped a tear away. 

"I'm so stupid, I should of known!" she exclaimed. 

I was so glad we had a free lesson this period. I took her into one of the social rooms which was unoccupied and closed the door behind us, we walked over to the corner of the room and sat on the sofa.

"Has he tried to speak to you?" I asked her.

"Yeah" she sniffled. "He's been trying this last week but I've been ignoring him". 

She handed me her phone and let me scroll through the texts off him she had at least fifty from him telling her how much she meant to him and he was sorry.

"How can I trust him again? He's been doing it behind my back and with his background I don't know what else his doing!" 

I knew this gang stuff was getting too her. It got to me a lot too.

"I think you should speak to him" I said. She looked up at me.

"Why can't me and him be like you and Harry?" she whined