Chapter 38

You weren't in there long" Louis said sarcastically.

I laughed and went and sat down next to Liam. I had become quite good friends with Liam, well I'd like to think so.

He isn't as quiet as he used to be. I could tell by the way Harry looked at me when I sat down next to him that he wasn't happy.

I had been thinking a lot these past couple of days and decided I should do something I've been trying to pluck up the courage to do. 

After I had kissed Harry goodbye and headed home, I decided to find my dad. He was in his office, sat in his chair doing paperwork. As usual.

"Dad, I have something important to ask you". He nodded and carried on reading his paper.

I walked over and gently took it off him, he looked at me in an annoyed way but I ignored it and sat down in the chair in front of him.

"You knew Harry's parents didn't you?" his face drained colour and he sat there with his lips slightly parted and staring at the ground.

"Yes" he said to me.

 He closed his eyes, I knew this was painful for him to remember but I had to find more out.

"You knew his mum? And you knew what happened to her after Joe passed away didn't you?". He looked at me again, I could see he was upset, he nodded in response to my question.

"Then you need to do me a huge favour" I said to him. I took hold of his hand and looked him right in the eyes.

"Where doe's she live?"

After an hour of talking to my dad persuading him to give me Harry's mums address, I set a long to find it. 

I couldn't tell Harry I was doing this, I knew he would hate me going around this sort of area alone. 

As I turned into the street there were many houses boarded up. I walked passed a house with a bald, fat man sat outside in vest. He smiled when he saw me but I put my head down. 

I continued to walk faster so that I didn't get into any bother with anyone. 

When I came to the address my dad gave me, I realised the house was boarded up. I started to wonder if my dad gave me the wrong address on purpose, but it occurred to me, he wouldn't want me roaming this street without a reason. I stood in front of it staring, confused.

"Looking for someone Pet?" I heard a woman's voice say. I turned round to see a old woman in her slippers and dressing gown.

"Um, I'm looking for Anne? Anne Styles?". The woman's face lit up.

"Ahh yes, young Anne. She moved from here a long time ago, she's on the new estate around the corner now. Done well for herself, she has". 

I smiled, Harry would be so proud. Well, I hoped.

"Do you by any chance know her address?" I asked her curiously.

"Hold on Love, I'll go and check my address book. I'm sure she gave me it before she left". 

She headed inside to her house and a few minutes later returned with a small brown booklet full of names.

"Ahh, here we go" she said to me and showed me the book.