Chapter 43

Harrys's POV

I heard the door close and I cupped my hands in my face. I have never felt so much about someone before but hated them at the same time.

Olivia made me angry, she made me happy, she made me sad, but above all that she made me feel things I never have before.

It's hard to explain what love is, when you love someone so much, it hurts. It honestly does and I wish I could of never experienced it, I tried not too. But sometimes you just can't help who you fall in love with.

I saw a small note on the side, I picked it up and it had the words 'sorry' wrote on it.

I suddenly felt guilt wash over me. I turned over the bit of paper and saw a number, written above it said 'Anne'. I didn't know what to do now, I hated Olivia leaving like this. 

She ran away from her problems when really she needed to sit down and face them, but so did I. 

I hesitated to pick up the phone, but I did anyway. 

Every time it rung my heart pounded against my chest.

"Hello?" A sweet voice called. 

I felt my heart stop. It was my mum. The woman who I have resented all these years, I didn't feel like that any more. I felt warm inside.

"Umm..It's Harry" I said down the phone, in a husky tone.

I heard a sob from the other end.

"Oh my god, Harry! How are you? Are you okay? I've missed you so much baby. You should see me now! I'm a new person Harry, I promise you" she said to me whilst sobbing.

"It's okay mum, I know, I know. I'm fine though, I have my own flat and stuff"

"That's great Haz, it really is. I've been trying to contact you for months but no one knew where you were".

I felt my heart sink. I felt so sorry for my mum, I didn't know what to say back to her. I think she knew this.

"And that girlfriend of yours Harry, she's a keeper. She's a beautiful young girl and I can tell you this, she cares about you. I know she does, don't mess it up Haz, with your you know what" 

"Fighting?" I questioned. I heard a small cough on the other end.

"Yeah" my mum said quietly.

"I know" I sighed "I try but it's when people try and hurt her or touch her, they don't know how I feel about her. She's mine, no one else's. No one else can have her and no one else can touch her. And I swear to God if anybody harms her-"

"I know Harry, I know you have a protective streak. I can tell how much you care about her too, but please don't push her away. You need her".

I knew my mum was right.

She mostly was when I was younger from what I could remember. After the phone call I decided to go and see her sometime soon, I would probably try and put it off as much as I could, I wouldn't know if I could face her, after everything that had happened between us. 

There was a lot of bad history and I'm not sure if I will ever get over it, but I'd try. Just for Liv.

I needed to go and find Olivia and sort things out with her because my mum was right. 

I needed her, just as much as she needed me. 

She could be anywhere right now, she could be getting hurt by some stupid prick and I wouldn't know because I'm here, angry at her for something she was trying to do for me. 

What is wrong with me? I always try to block people out.

It was the easiest way for me as a child to do so, but Olivia got to me so easily. It was like she just opened a door and walked her way in to my life. 

But I wanted her there, I think that's what was missing from my life. 

I needed stubborn, beautiful girl to come into my life to show me there was more than fighting every day and not caring about anything. 

Now I have something to care for, I'm not going to let anything or anyone destroy that.