Chapter 24

When we had got to his bedroom, he ruffled through his draws and gave me another one of his shirts. 

I headed to the bathroom to change out of my dress. I saw him roll his eyes.

"It's okay to get changed in front of me y'know" he said with a cheeky smirk on his face.

I scowled at him and continued walking to the bathroom to changed. 

After I was ready I walked out to find him standing there. He gripped my waist tightly. 

"Do you have a bobble or something for me to tie my hair up with?" I asked him knowing he would have plenty. He bit his lip and nodded. 

I followed him into his bedroom and he hesitated to open the draw next to his bed. I wasn't shocked to see about one hundred hair items in this draw, there was even some make up and jewellery. 

I walked over to him and picked one out and tied my hair up with it. He quickly shut the draw.

"Nice collection you have there" I said to him. 

I knew he felt embarrassed. 

"Why don't you just throw them away?" I asked him curiously.

"You're going to think I'm stupid if I tell you" he said looking down. I sat down on the bed and looked at him for a moment or two.

"No, I really won't" I reassured him

"Well, because I just sleep with these girls and not really talk to them afterwards or keep in contact with them when they leave. I feel as though I need something to remember them by, so when they leave things I keep them in my draw so that I don't feel as bad when they go".

He looked at me then quickly away. I didn't know what to say back to him. But I knew he had a soft side. I walked over to him and took hold of his hand.

"It's okay" I said smiling. "I understand". 

As we got into his bed, he pulled me close. He wrapped his big arms around me and brought my head to his chest. He rested his chin onto my head. I felt so comfortable there with him, I wouldn't change this moment for the world. 

To everyone else who knew him, he was far from perfect. But to me he was all I wanted.

If I had to predict my life a few months ago this is not how I would of saw it. I don't get caught up in things like this and I certainly do not fall for dangerous boys. But in this case Harry was the exception.

"Harry?" I asked him quietly. 

"Yeah?" he said. I didn't know if I should ask him this, but because I was getting closer to him, I wanted to know everything about him.

"Where is your family?" I bit my lip hoping he wouldn't react badly. 

"Well.." he said and then cleared his throat. "My dad died when I was about ten, he had really bad cancer. A tumour in the brain". 

I put my hand over my mouth and sat up and looked at him. I grasped his top that laid on his chest. 

"I'm so sorry" I whispered to him.

I knew I shouldn't have brought it up. He shook his head "No" he said and smiled "It's okay. I want to tell you". 

I gave him a reassuring smile. He continued. "And well my mum, I chose not to see" .

I looked at him confused, he still had his hands round my waist. "After my dad died, she, I guess changed. She didn't really talk and started drinking. A lot. She didn't  really look after me I learned to do a lot of things myself as when I was getting up for school in the morning, she was in bed hungover from partying late the night before". 

I saw his eyes fill with sadness. How could someone do this to their own child? I thought to myself. I took hold of his hand and squeezed it. Letting him know I was there for him, he smiled.

"She started bringing random violent men home and sleeping with them"

He shut his eyes as if he was trying to block out the memories. "I heard everything. I heard my mum get beat a lot of times by them too, I coward in my room not knowing what to do". 

He opened his eyes and looked at me again. "That was until I was fifteen, she started doing drugs and I'd come in and find her passed out on the floor. I started going out just to get away from her. I had anger built up inside me because of all the pain. I never got support from her through my dads death all she cared about was herself" 

I saw him getting him self upset. I wanted to stop him but he carried on.

"I started letting my anger out on other people, getting in to fights over the stupidest of things" he sighed. I looked down. Then when I looked back up, he was looking at me too.

"I didn't mean to get in to this shit y'know?" he said to me. "I just helped Liam, when Calvin started on him, as I knew how to fight. I guess it escalated from there" 

"What about Calvin and Liam?" I asked softly.

"Liam and Calvin got into a fight a few years back, Liam wasn't the violent type. He kept himself to himself, until Calvin hit him and we had too stick up for him. He realised he had to toughen up himself. That's how it all started I guess"