Kili ~ Game

When Dis had told Kili that she had a friend who's child was his age, he hadn't been expecting it to be a girl.

He'd kind of stood there a little stunned at the beaming red haired, brown eyed girl in front of him.

"Kili, this is Valey." Dis says to him with a warm smile.

"Hello." Valey bows, still smiling.

"Er, hi." Kili says, a little shy.

"Why don't you two go play? We'll call you when lunch is ready." Dis nudges Kili forward as the two women head inside.

Kili shoots his mother a look and then looks back at Valey, who was still smiling.

"What do you want to do?" He asked, still unsure of how to take this.

"I don't know, what do you want to do?" She asks brightly.

"That's why I asked you." He sighs. "Well, I'm not going to play dolls or anything."

"I don't want to play with dolls," She frowns at him. "Just because I'm a girl doesn't mean I always play with dolls."

Kili folds his arms with a slight pout. "Well, what else do girls play with?"

Valey looks at him, deciding whether or not he was serious. Then a smile comes back to her lips.

"What?" He asked.

Valey steps forward before playfully hitting him on the arm and sprinting away.

"You're it!" She yells back at a stunned Kili.

It takes him a moment, but with a shout of laughter he bounds after her.

Kili and Valey became fast friends, Fili occasionally joining when he wasn't being dragged away by Thorin, and over the years it became rarer and rarer to see them apart.

But they were always adamant that they were still just friends.

It was a bright autumn day when Kili mentioned the quest to Valey. They were out in a field, having gone for an early morning walk, and Kili was sitting, Valey's head resting on his lap. He looked worried, unsure of how to bring it up.

"Kili?"

He looks down at her, her warm brown eyes concerned.

"Are you okay?"

He smiles. "Of course, why wouldn't I be?"

But Valey frowns. "What's wrong Kili?"

Kili sighs and impatiently pushes his hair back. "There's talks of a quest happening to try and reclaim Erebor. As Thorin's nephew and second heir, I'm expected to go."

"Do you want to?"

Kili shrugs. "I guess? We grew up on tales of the mountain, it seems right to go."

Valey looks up at him, looks at the struggle going on in his eyes. "Kili, tell me what's wrong."

"Well...I'd have to leave you." He mumbles. "And I don't know how long I'd be gone, or even if it's going to be successful, and I'm just not sure if I can do that."

"What are your worried about me for? You know I can look after myself." Valey frowns slightly. "And besides, our families have always talked about reclaiming that mountain, wouldn't it be a great opportunity to see it all?"

Kili looks away over the field, still not convinced.

"You've always talked about travelling, and we've always said we would like to see Erebor one day, so why are you so worried?" When he still doesn't respond, she reaches up to touch his cheek, causing him to look back at her. "Hey, come on, talk to me Ki."