Aragorn ~ Sword 5

It became my sole purpose to make that sword.

I'm still not entirely sure how long I spent on it, days, weeks, months, but it was all I dared focus on.

Food and drink were brought to me once they realised that I would be leaving the forge little, and even a bed was set up eventually, trying to encourage me to sleep.

But everything I had, was focused on that sword.

And then I was finished.

I knew the exact moment it was done, staring at the blade I had just poured everything into.

It was the best blade I had ever made and I didn't need anyone to tell me that.

Reluctantly, I passed it onto the elven blacksmiths, who admired it greatly and were full of praise.

But I now realised how tired I was.

Escaping to my room, I collapsed onto my bed and fell into the best sleep I had had in a long time.

I awoke to the smell of hot food.

Sitting up, it takes me a long, bleary eyed moment before I see Aragorn sitting there.

He grins. "Morning."

I rub my eyes, sleep still wanting to take me back. "When did you get back?"

"Yesterday morning." He said and pushes the bowl of steaming porridge in front of me. "Eat Isola, Elrond told me that you've been working hard."

I groan and lay back down, one arm covering my eyes. "Eating involves getting up."

"Are you going to make me spoon feed you?"

I look at him from under my arm. "Really?"

"Are you or not?"

I huff and sit back up, leaning against the head board and holding my hands out for the bowl. "Well, don't expect me to move too far."

He chuckles and passes me the bowl and I start to eat.

"Did you find what you were looking for?"

Aragorn's face flashes grim for a moment before he nods. "We did, but that is not for us to discuss."

I raise an eyebrow but say nothing.

"Isola..." He sighs. "About our conversation the other day, I wanted to tell you something."

I was slowly digging through the porridge, despite being quite hungry. "What?"

"Firstly I wanted to apologise if I sounded selfish with what I was asking you, I did not mean it to and had nothing but your best interests in mind." He says it carefully, gauging my reaction.

I nod. "I know. You have nothing to apologise for Aragorn."

But he frowns. "I had no right to ask that of you, even as your friend."

"Of course you did." I said, putting my porridge aside. "Aragorn, I knew what you were asking I just didn't really want to hear it then. I don't want you to think-"

"Isola," He was suddenly on the bed, his hand wrapped around mine. "Please, just listen." He clearly hesitates. "I've wanted to tell you for some time now, but I haven't known how, and, chances are, I'm going to be a part of this quest, and I know I couldn't live with myself if I didn't say anything before it happened."

I could feel heat creeping into cheeks, my heart wanting to believe what he was about to say but my head telling me it wasn't possible.

He was watching me closely. "Isola, I-"