Thorin ~ Battleborn Epilogue

It became a common tale at parties for many years to come about how Evanna punched King Thranduil in the face.  After all, many dwarves saw it and spent hours laughing over mugs of ale.

She'd been healing still, but it hadn't stopped her when Thranduil stepped foot into the hall, Thorin not even having time to stop her.

Thranduil, as he picked himself back up, seem to take it gracefully.  "I guess I deserved that one."

It seemed to ease a lot of tension the dwarves had for the elven king, just as it seemed to make things easier to discuss and negotiate between Thranduil and Thorin, Thorin seeming satisfied that Thranduil had now paid for what he'd done.

No one denied that it was going to be interesting having Evanna as their future queen.

She tried though, determined to master at least some politics for Thorin's sake, not that he pushed her to it saying that her direct take on diplomacy was exactly what the courts needed to keep him sane.

And it often worked.

But that meant little to the two of them now, both healed and crowned, Thorin having finally and properly proposed.  They were comfortable.  Evanna draped over Thorin, her head on his chest as she slept, her arm lazily flung over him.

Thorin hadn't slept yet, he was watching her sleep, his fingers trailing through her hair, and truly wondering why he had waited so long.

"You know,"  Evanna's voice said tiredly.  "If you stop moving, you might actually get to sleep."

Thorin smiled.  "Why?  It makes you sleep."

Evanna nuzzles a little closer, pulling herself flush against him.  "True, but you need sleep too."

"I will, when you are comfortable."

"I am very comfortable and very content."

Thorin raises an eyebrow.  "Content?"

"Mmhhmm."  She yawns.  "I couldn't quite care what happens right now, as long as it involves you not going anywhere."

He chuckles.  "I wouldn't dream of it."  Then his voice changes tone.  "If you really are that content though...I mean, I wouldn't want to disturb your beauty sleep anymore..."

Evanna snorts and looks up at him.  "You are kidding right?"

Thorin grabs her hands and pins her on her back, smiling down at her.  "I never kid."

"Oh good, I almost thought you weren't going to ra-"

He kisses her firmly, effectively cutting her off as she groans into the kiss, her body arching against him and she tugs at her wrists.

Thorin breaks away, smiling widely.  "You know, for once you might actually let me keep them there."

She snorts.  "Where's the fun in that?"

They kiss again, deeper this time, Evanna's tongue sweeping across his bottom lip.

He pulls away again, enough to look at her, both their eyes burning.

"I love you Evanna."  He breathed. "I truly wish that I had told you all those years ago."

Evanna smiles.  "I love you too you oaf.  You just gotta make sure you keep making it up to me."

"I'm sure I can do that."  He returns her smile and returns to the kiss.

This time, they didn't break apart, Evanna tugging her hands free from Thorin's grip to wrap around him, holding each other tight.

This was peace and neither of them had any intention of ever changing that.  No matter how long it had taken them, things were finally as they should be.

Not that it ever stopped them competing.