Thorin ~ Accidents 15

And here is the conclusion, not only to this story, which has been a hell of a ride, but also to this book.

Not to worry though, I will be uploading the second soon.  The start of the book will be all the requests I've got sitting there (I'm so sorry it's taken so long) and once they are done, it'll be all open again.

Thanks for sticking with me this long, all 200 stories.  I like to think I've learnt a lot from doing this and hope to continue to do so.

Enjoy!

It didn't matter who told Thorin that Louisa was gone, he refused to listen and refused to leave her side.

He'd still been weak after the battle, had been unable to help her, luckily Beorn was there, and he carried her down from Ravenhill, her form looking so tiny compared to his.

As far as anyone but a few were concerned, the Durin's had defeated Azog and survived the battle, they were to be celebrated as heroes amongst the people.

But none of them felt as such.

Fili and Kili had done their weeping, had made their peace with what had happened, that Louisa had used all her power to save them, but nothing they said or did could draw Thorin away.

The others all said what they could too, all shedding tears over Louisa, but there was no consoling the king.  Even Beorn had returned with Sirius, who whined and cried, and did not understand that there was nothing that he could do.

The last one to see her was Gandalf.

Gandalf stared at Louisa, at the peacefulness on her face, having been dressed and cleaned, her necklace open and on display, something that was much talk amongst the dwarves that Thorin would hear none of.

His gaze moves to Thorin, who sits looking broken on a chair, his gaze on Louisa, although Gandalf was sure that it had long since passed that point.

He clears his throat.  "Thorin-"

"I don't want to hear it Gandalf," Thorin said quietly.  "You can say no more to me than anyone else has already tried."

Gandalf sighed.  "If you just-"

"I don't want to hear it!" Thorin's voice rose as he stood, his blue eyes burning with grief.  "She is gone!  She died for me when she shouldn't have!  She should have stayed here!  She-she..."  He shook his head furiously, his voice quietening again.  "She should not have come for me."

"She loved you Thorin."  Gandalf said after a moment.  "And when someone like her falls in love, there is nothing to stop them."

Thorin collapsed back into the chair, his gaze moving back to Louisa, his voice broken.  "What was she Gandalf?"

Gandalf sighs and takes a seat next to him.  "She was a being of starlight."  Thorin frowns a little but Gandalf continues.  "They are very old and very powerful beings.  They may have once had names, but, like most things, they get lost in time.  They tend to appear in worlds when where they are needed most, usually with few memories to help and always within range of someone to help them."

Thorin looks at him.  "Why here?"

Gandalf gives a small smile.  "For you, of course.  Something, in whatever world she was in before, triggered her desire to come here, as shown by the necklace she wears that binds her to you and your people."  He nods as if comfirming it to himself.  "It is very rare, from my knowledge, that one gets sent so, but, here we are with the proof in front of us."

Thorin looks back at Louisa.  "Gimlelul..."

"It was fitting and affectionate name that you chose for her."  Gandalf said.  "Whatever sent her here Thorin, bound her to you in way that none can even begin to think of.  She was sensing you long before she even knew what she was doing."