Fili ~ Gold 3

"You deliberately disobeyed me."

You rolled your eyes at your father, who was looking more furious than you had ever seen him.

"I did what I thought was right." You say calmly. "And it may displease you, but I cannot help that we have different views father."

"Do you even know how this looks?" He hissed. "My own children disobeying me?"

You nod. "I know, but you must understand that Legolas and I are grown, and this is how it must be. It is not personal, simply us finding-"

"Your own path." He growls. "You are too much like your mother."

"Good." You said firmly. "It keeps you reasonably in check then."

Thranduil sighs. "Why Y/N? Do you detest me so much as to not respect me."

You step forward and take his hand. "No father, I have the utmost respect for you, but I just feel that this time, you are wrong. Not all the dwarves see the grudge of the old ages, and not all are as...vengeful as Thorin Oakenshield. You need to understand that. Reason can be brought around, I promise you."

He cups your cheek gently, his eyes sad. "So much like your mother, I'm glad that some of her lived on." But his gaze turns firm again. "But Bard has already tried to speak to them, and they remain as stubborn as ever. What choice to I have but to go to war."

"There is always a choice." You say and stand to move away.

"Y/N, I don't want you having any further part in this." He says sternly.

"I'm already too involved." You say back, exiting the tent and seeing Gandalf talking to Bard.

You stride over and Gandalf looks up surprised. "Lady Y/N, unusual to see you out of Mirkwood."

"Much to my fathers disgust." You say with a wince. "I suppose it was you who set the dwarves on their quest?"

"You would be correct my lady."

You nod and sigh. "Then I hope for your sake, that you can fix this and convince them not to go to war."

You walk away before he can say anything else, knowing that your father would have all eyes on you. You walk to a part of Dale where you can see Erebor.

"Please be careful Fili," You whisper to yourself. "Don't do anything foolish."

You were forced to stay behind the following morning, you had tried to follow the soldiers but your father insisted that you stay, and by insist, you were given two guards and forced to sit and wait.

The longer you sat, the more your uneasiness grew and you shifted uncomfortably.

The orcs war horn sent chills down your spine and you jumped to your feet.

"My lady, you must stay." One of your guards said nervously.

But you were walking forward, so you could see over the wall, the guards could do nothing but follow.

The army took your breath away, you had never seen a force like this before and it terrified you. You knew many would die today, but as a second horn sounded, you had a new problem.

They were attacking the city.

"Go. Go!" You shouted at the guards, seeing the catapults lined up straight for where you were standing.

You had enough to flee before the rocks hit ad crumbled the wall away, but then the orcs were in the city.

The guards defending you, you fought, long and hard, with little time to think of what else was going.