Connected 7

Talking ended up having to wait.  Everyone was so irritated in the morning that it was seen as a bad idea.

It was here that Veera and Keeva were told to ride together, the other dwarves now very wary of what they could do.

"Ridiculous."  Keeva growls in Veera's head.  "They've been with us for how long?"

"Give them time."  Veera said tiredly.  "It's hardly something to take lightly."

"Still, if we had intended to do something, we would have done it already."  Keeva said bitterly.  "Honestly, it's like-"

"Dwarves are naturally distrusting,"  Thorin's voice grumbled through causing Keeva to tense.  "As you prove everytime I talk."

Keeva snorts defiantly.

"You realise part of it is directed at you."  Veera said quietly.

"I am well aware."  He sighs.  "They will come round, it just may be a few days."

Keeva stirred uncomfortably.  "So...I told Dwalin yesterday, yet I could not find anything that showed he knew about you."

"Call it stubbornness, he seems to have a natural ability to-"

"Wait, you told Dwalin?"  Veera interrupts.

"Like it matters now."  Keeva said.  "Besides, you had technically told someone too-"

Veera cut them both off so suddenly that both Keeva and Thorin winced.

"Come on Vee, don't be like that."  Keeva said from behind her on the pony.

But Veera was intent on ignoring everyone then, storming off when they made camp for the night.

She wasn't the only one.

Gandalf had tried to advise Thorin to move on, that the spot was dangerous, but Thorin refused to listen and so Gandalf took off.

Then they ran into the trolls.

Keeva was less than impressed as she was tied onto the spit next to Dwalin, cursing against the trolls while silently hoping that Veera wouldn't find them.

"Save your breath."  Dwalin growls.  "They're not going to listen."

"I'd go out shouting rather than silent."  She replies, struggling a little against the ropes.  "Just as I'd rather fall into that fire right now than be slowly cooked."

"I'd rather not die at all."  Bofur yells at them from the other side.

"Well, that too."  Keeva struggles again managing to free her arm slightly, in doing so, she bumped into Dwalin.

The flood of information that hit her made her retch, an ear splitting high ringing noise piercing her ears and drowning out everything else for a moment.  Confusion hit her, she didn't understand why it had suddenly all flooded through, it hadn't done that since her power had first started, she normally had full control of when she could use it.

But she wasn't the only one that felt it.

Dwalin had frozen.  "What did you just do?"

Keeva's head was spinning.  "Honestly, I was wondering that myself."

She did throw up then, luckily it was over the fire, unluckily, it didn't impress the trolls.

"Oi!  What's wrong with this one then?"

"Don't want to catch anything nasty!"

"How sick are you then?"

Keeva groaned, she wanted to try and understand what had just happened, but she was spinning more than just on the spit.