Kili ~ Alone 2

After the run from Beorn in his bear form, there were a few of them that were more than a little shaken, however, almost everyone's moods weren't improved when Kili and Freya burst out laughing.

It was more of a release than actually finding the situation funny, after everything that had happened over the last couple of days, being chased down by a giant bear was the last straw.

Freya wiped the tears out of her eyes.  "S-s-sorry."  But it just made her laugh harder.

Kili wasn't much better.

With some grumbling and groaning, the other's moved off to start to make themselves comfortable for the night.  Eventually, they both settled but still took a moment to settle themselves.

"Are you okay?"

Kili looked up up Freya, at her sheepish expression.  He smiled.  "Yeah, I'm just glad I wasn't the only one."

She returns his smile.  "Certainly makes me feel a little less an idiot."

He chuckles.  "Do it often then?"

"Depends on who you ask."

"Shut it."  One of the dwarves hissed across the room, letting Kili and Freya share a guilty look.

Shrugging, Freya stands and stretches.  "I think sleeping may be best after that?"  She whispers to him.

Kili nods and they both move to find a place to rest for the night.

Apart from rest, the time at Beorn allowed Freya to make good friends with the two younger dwarves, particularly Kili.  She was more than happy, as the other dwarves, making it very clear, they still didn't want to trust her, so the fact that at least two did, was a relief.

She was balancing along a fallen tree, Fili and Kili seated pn the grass watching her.

"So, what it's like being a half blood?"  Fili asked.

Freya's mouth twitched.  "Oh, it's great, you know, perks of both worlds."

Fili and Kili share a look and she rolled her eyes.

"A few words are always said, but the elves had gotten used to it, not they approved of course."  She said a little sternly.  "You know, being looked down upon simply because of what you are, which is of no choise of your own, it's..."  She let's herself trail off, frowning.  "Well, apart from all that nonsense, it's okay I guess.  I'm lighter than dwarves and don't grow all the hair, but I'm of equal strength to either.  Still prefer not to be compared, but I'm guessing that that can't really be helped in the time we live in can it?"

"I didn't mean anything by it Freya."  Fili said carefully.  "I was simply curious."

"I know."  Freya jumped down lightly and with a light smile.  "It's just not something I usually talk about, for those reasons."

"Understandable."  Kili agrees.  "You don't have to worry about us saying anything."

"Thank you Kili."  She smiles.  "I wish the others were just as open as you two though."

"They'll come around."  Kili beams.  "They don't stay cranky forever, we should know."

Fili chuckles.  "I still remember when Dwalin didn't talk to us for a month over a prank we pulled."

Kili joins in the laughter and Freya raises an eyebrow at them.  "What did you do?"

Fili grins widely.  "We may or may not have put flies in his cookies."

Kili's shoulders now shook with laughter.  "And he may or may not have eaten them all."

Freya stares between the two brothers, disbelief and amusement on her face.  "Seriously?"