Kili ~ Alone 3

Freya was shoved unceremoniously into a room, staggering a little as she glares back at the door.  She grumbled under her breath,  but she couldn't deny that she was at least a little relieved that she hadn't been thrown into a cell too.

Worry filled her at the thought of the others though.  Her time with the dwarves hadn't given her much faith in their negotiation skills, and Thranduil wasn't often in a negotiating mood.

There was a knock on the door and she waited a moment before Legolas walked in.

"What are you doing here Freya?"  He asked quietly.

Freya frowns.  "What does it look like I'm doing?  I'm helping them."

Legolas let's out a slow breath.  "That's what I feared."

"What you feared?"  Freya repeated.  "What's that supposed to mean?  They are as much my people as you are."

Legolas sighs.  "These are...difficult times Freya.  Father is cracking down on a lot of things like this, especially for the dwarves of Erebor.  Surely you know the history?"

"Of course I do."  Freya growled.  "What, you don't think it's been grilled into me enough?"

He watches her.  "So why did you go with them?"

"Don't you ever tired of sitting still?"  She asked bitterly and sat on the bed.  "You know it's never been easy for me Legolas."

Legolas nods and moves next to her, still looking worried.  "I know, and I'm sorry that you must be treated so.  It took everything I had to get father to put you here."

Freya glanced at him, seeing the frustration and tiredness in his gaze.  "Can I see them?"

He shook his head.  "I wish I-"

"It would be in your best interest not to finish that sentence."

They both looked to the doorway, Thranduil eying between the two of them, his blue eyes unreadable.  Freya stands, knowing that trouble was brewing and she bit her lip, trying to stop her stomach her turning.

Thranduil looks at Legolas.  "Leave us."

Legolas casts a worried at Freya, but stands and leaves.

Thranduil's gaze rests back on Freya as the door closes.  "So."

Freya bites her tongue.

His gaze narrows.  "I would've thought, after all you were spared, that you would not betray your own kin like this."

Freya's gaze flashed dangerously.  "The last I checked, the dwarves were my kin too."

Thranduil approached in an almost predatory manner.  "You were raised by elves, therefore oweing your allegiance to elves."

She refused to move, refused to be intimidated.  "The only person I owe anything to is myself.  If you think for one moment that I will turn on them simply because you ask-"

"I ask nothing."  He seethed.  "I demand as your blood demands."

"And I refuse."  She snapped.  "You have only ever treated me with disdain and disgust, so, I truly owe you nothing."

Thranduil's gaze was cold as he measured the weight of her words.

Freya grit her teeth.  "You don't think that my father ever warned me about you?  About how to deal with you if I ever got stuck in this situation?  I will not be walked over Thranduil, no matter my blood.  I'm just glad that Legolas is twice the person you will ever be."