Thorin ~ Battleborn 7

Evanna had been right, the few days travel leading to the forest path and then stepping inside soon got Dwalin and Thorin talking again, if a little tentatively, and she was quick to make sure that things stayed at ease, after all, the path was long.

What none of them had been expecting of course was the air to be so heavy with magic. Gandalf had warned them to stay on the path, but the deeper they went, the harder that became.

They all began to see things.

This distraction made them vulnerable.

Which of course led them to being captured by the spiders.

Evanna had not been impressed, gladly hacking down any spiders that came near her after Bilbo had cut them lose.

Her mood was only made worse when the elves appeared, Thorin having to step on her foot to stop an angry retort coming out of her mouth.

"He would have deserved it." She hissed at him as they were forced to walk, the elves having disarmed them.

"Maybe so, but right now, we are their prisoners." Thorin retorted. "They have the upper hand. We need to be patient."

"That's not your strong suit Thorin."

"Nor yours."

They were forced into cells upon their arrival at Mirkwood, Evanna threatening to push an elf off the ledge if he so much as touched her again. They all watched helplessly as Thorin was taken away.

Evanna paced her cell, eyeing the door up and down. She was agitated, she wasn't used to being a prisoner, especially after having been taken off guard twice.

Her mood wasn't improved when guards removed her from her cell and brought her before Thranduil.

She folds her arms as she faces the Elven King, ignoring the look of worry that was hiding in Thorin's gaze.

"What? Not happy with arguing with just Thorin?" She asked darkly. "You have to drag me in here too?"

Thranduil's eyes flash but his expression remains passive. "I was hoping you could make him see reason."

"Right," Evanna said thickly. "Then you clearly don't remember me."

Thranduil purses his lips. "I do, actually. You are the dwarf that shouted out more than a few kind words when we did not help against the dragon."

"Very good," She said sarcastically. "Glad I made an impression."

"You are also the dwarf that was generally more inclined to fighting than to diplomacy," He continued. "Better suited to body-guard than anything."

"If you know all this then why-"

"Because," Thranduil cuts her off. "I also know that you are a good friend to him." He inclines his head to Thorin. "And surely you can see reason in the terms I offer."

Evanna snorts. "If you wanted diplomacy, you would have better calling on one of the others. I'm more likely to try and punch you in the face."

"She won't hesitate either." Thorin growls. "I told you bringing her in here was pointless."

Thranduil ignores him. "So you would agree then an offering of my help, should you return what is rightfully mine, a waste of my breath?"

Evanna clearly bristled. "Your help? If you wanted to help so much then you should've helped against Smaug in the first place. Then neither of us would be in this predicament."

Thranduil gave her an exasperated look and clearly refrained from rolling his eyes. "Did you ever once think that I did so to protect my own people? A dragon is no easy battle. The losses would have been great."