Kili ~ Charge Epilogue

Emilyssia tugged nervously at the dress and Dis hurried over to push her hands out of the way.

"Stop it dear, you'll mess it up."  Her infinite patience made Emilyssia's stomach churn.

"I'm nervous."  She stated.

Dis smiled at her. "Of course, it is normal dear, but don't take it out on the dress."

Emilyssia grumbles, just causing Dis to chuckle and finish her hair.

"Now, your father will be along soon, and if you come out and that dress is wrinkled, I'll fix it where you stand."  Dis warned, but it was all in jest.  While being less than impressed by the state they had all been in when she reached Erebor, she had been over the moon when Kili had brought up Emilyssia.

When Dis left the room, Emilyssia began to bounce on her feet, not entirely sure how she had really ended up here.

She'd been knocked out in the battle, a giant gash in her forehead.  From the way Fili and Kili had told it, Dwalin had found her, dropping Kili, who he'd been helping down from Ravenhill, and rushing to her, panic overwhelming him until Balin dragged him away, saying she just had to taken to a healer.

It had been three days before she woke up.

Dwalin hadn't left her side, and Kili wouldn't have either if his own injuries hadn't needed tending to.  Emilyssia had quickly asked if everyone was alright and Dwalin assured her they were, they won, Thorin killed Azog.

But she wasn't happy until she saw everyone.

It took her a week before she could see Kili.  He limped in, smiling, despite the set of bandages around his waist, and she had leapt out of her bed, ignoring her own bandages, to hold him tight.

Then it had been very hard to separate them.

It was all a blur, courting and then Kili asking for her hand and she saying yes.

Now they were here.

Dwalin knocked tentatively on the door.

"Come in Pa."  She said meekly, still bouncing.

Dwalin stepped in and beamed at her.  "Well, aren't you as beautiful as your mother."

Emilyssia shares his smile.  "Thank you Pa."

He walks over and takes her hand.  "I mean it Emilyssia.  She would be so proud of you, prouder than I even am. Our little one all grown up."

She half laughs, half sobs.  "I don't know Pa, I've never seen you tear up like this before."

Dwalin was still beaming, but he laughs and wipes his shining eyes.  "This is going to ruin my reputation, I know it."

Emilyssia hugs him tight, trying not to laugh.  "Not to me it won't."

He returns her hug and for a long moment, they just hold each other.

Dwalin clears his throat and pushes her away to look down at her.  "Are you ready?"

Emilyssia smiles.  "Of course."

Smiling, Dwalin kisses the top of her head and takes her arm.  "That's my girl."

The walk down the aisle was one of the happiest moments of Emilyssia's life, the smile not leaving her face.  Kili had waited, beaming, while Dwalin had given her away, unable to stop the tears from falling.

And as they kissed, the hall of Erebor erupted into cheers, not settling down for many days, but this meant little to Emilyssia and Kili, who only cared for each other.

Well, except for when Dwalin made sure they were alright.