Thorin ~ Battleborn 3

Evanna was enjoying taking out her frustration on a dummy when Dwalin found her in Rivendell.

"Anyone would think you were frustrated lass." He said casually, leaning against the wall to watch her.

Evanna practically snarls him, continuing to hack away.

Dwalin withholds a chuckle. "Can I ask what has you so frustrated?"

She shot him a look, stating clearly that he already knew.

He did know, after all, he too was frustrated by being captured and almost eaten by trolls, and then run down by wargs, but he wasn't frustrated enough to be taking it out on a training dummy.

"I want you to tell me Evanna. The dummy isn't going to listen." Dwalin said carefully.

Evanna sighs and throws her sword to the ground, it clattering loudly. "Why do you even want to know?"

Dwalin raises an eyebrow. "We are friends are we not?"

She scowls. "Of course we are, but that doesn't mean you have to nag me."

"I wasn't nagging, simply asking."

She folds her arms, a deep frown on her face. "Right. Normally it's Thorin doing this, normally you just like to hit me if I get too riled up."

Dwalin stares at her, hiding the fact that he knew she was right. "He's preoccupied. Can I not also be the consoling friend?"

Evanna snorts and a smile threatens to claim her lips. "Please Dwalin, talking has never suited you."

Dwalin shuffles a little awkwardly on his feet. "Well, maybe I want to try and change that. Look Evanna, I know you are angry at Thorin, and so we all know you won't talk to him, so I'm offering to play...to be the mediator here."

She rolls her eyes and kicks her sword back up into her hand. "Don't bother Dwalin. He knows what he did, so he can bloody apologise for it."

He does chuckle this time, having seen many feuds between the two of them, where they refused to talk until one apologised to the other, of which neither of them ever did. "Oh Evanna, all he did was save your life."

The blade buries deep into the training dummy. "It didn't need saving."

"Right. You tell that to him and the warg that came up behind you."

She glares at him. "You keep talking like that and you'll find yourself on the end of this sword."

Dwalin rolls his eyes. "No one is a perfect fighter Evanna."

She growls and starts to hack away at the dummy again.

Dwalin purses his lips as he watches her, thinking about what he could do.

Then an idea struck him.

"You know what you need Evanna," He said lightly. "A good drink."

This makes her pause. "A drink?"

Dwalin smirks. "Aye, a drink. I'm sure these elves have something decent around here we can drown our troubes in."

She smiles then. "Alright Dwalin, you go find something and then come and get me."

"Done." Dwalin nods. "And then you and I can have that rematch."

Evanna snorts. "Are you that eager to lose again old man?"

"I didn't lose last time." He called back.

Dwalin has a quiet laugh to himself as he walks away. All he had to do was get Thorin involved, get them both reasonably drunk, and then it should be easy to get them to talk.