Sword ~ Epilogue

The next few stories will just be some epilogues to ones I've finished, just to round out the stories a bit. They'll be a bit shorter than normal, but I hope you enjoy.

I took in a deep breath, nerves threatening to turn my stomach inside out. It had felt like such a long time and now I was finally getting to see him again.

The battles over and Aragorn crowned as King.

He saw me as I approached with the elves from Rivendell, Elrond at my side. For a long moment, he stares as I smile widely.

Then, he takes me in his arms and kisses me deeply. I break into a fit of giggles as he spins me around and I know we are both just happy to be back with the other.

"I can never thank you enough Isola." He whispers to me. "Never."

"And I, you." I said, the smile unwilling to leave my lips. "I would still be lost out in the wilderness if not for you."

He laughs and holds me close.

The dinner held later, I did not leave his side, and with great interest I listened to the tales told of what happened during the quest, some I scarcely believed until Aragorn confirmed with a nod.

The greatest though, was hearing about the magic Aragorn wielded with the sword.

"Never have I seen such a like." Legolas spoke, his eyes still a little wide with wonder. "And I thought I had seen all then accomplishments of elven magic."

Aragorn smiled at his friend. "It was not elven magic at work, not all the time. A very different magic is at work in this sword, hence why I never left it out of my sight."

"And yet you still fail to tell us." Gimli said through a mouthful of food, earning a giggle from me as Aragorn's eyes sparkled, his arm tightening slightly around my waist.

"Because I did not think it fair without her here." Aragorn said, his free hand resting on the hilt of the sword. "After all, she is the one who made it, and needs to be here to back up that claim."

The elf and the dwarf stare at me for a moment, a look of shock on their faces until they too shared a look, seemingly in understanding.

"Well my lady, may we congratulate you on such fine workmanship." Gimli said with a smile.

"Truly, something my ancestors would be proud of." Legolas agrees, nodding.

I blush, biting my lip slightly. "Well, it took everything I knew to make it, I'm glad it all turned out okay."

"It turned out perfect Isola." Aragorn said and kissed me on the cheek. "You poured everything into that sword and it shows. I have never felt a greater magical presence than it."

I smile and kiss his cheek in return. "Well, my mother was certainly impressed too."

Aragorn raises his eyebrows. "Finally decided to see her?"

"No, we have been in touch with letters. They are doing well for themselves, my eldest sister married the mayor, who agreed to look after them all." I was happy for them, I hadn't realised that some part of me had still been worried until I heard that news.

Aragorn seemed to see that. "Well, I am glad that they are doing well. We will have to invite them here sometime."

"I would love to."

"See, I told you he was going t marry her." We both caught Gimli's words and looked at the dwarf, who just grinned. "Well, it is true. You haven't stopped thinking of her during the whole quest."

I laughed even as Aragorn grumbled slightly.

"Thank you for letting me ask her myself Gimli."

"No problem my friend."

Aragorn shakes his head but then smiles as I continue to laugh.

"I'll take that as a yes Isola?"

I beam at him and then kiss him lightly on the lips. "Of course my King. After all, I have something that only I can offer you."

They all looked a little stunned at my comment, and I smiled coyly.

"I'm the only one that can fix your sword."

Aragorn bursts out laughing as Legolas and Gimli looked a little stunned. I just smiled at them, leaning into Aragorn a little as he wipes his eyes, still laughing.

"I love you Isola."

"I love you too Aragorn.