Colours 6

Lili got lost in Mirkwood.

No one was sure how she managed it, having disappeared momentarily to go through bathroom, and then she couldn't find her way back.

She froze when she realised she couldn't find the way back.

That was when the noises started.

"Uncle Thorin?" Her voice squeaked out. "Fili? Kili?"

The others were calling to her now too, having realised how long she'd been gone.

But she couldn't hear them.

She stood frozen in the middle of the forest, unsure and terrified of what she should do.

It became how the others got lost and wound up trapped by spiders.

She thought herself lucky when she found that out later.

But it didn't make her any less terrified now.

Alone and with the trees creaking and groaning around her, Lili wasn't entirely sure where she was going to go, everything dark around her. She was too scared to call too loudly so she just started to walk, fighting to keep herself calm.

When the elves appeared suddenly, it certainly didn't help. She ran at first, screaming as they'd appeared in front of her, but they were faster and she found herself knocked down.

They took her back to the elven kingdom.

Tiring of being roughly pulled along, she roughly shrugs them off.

"Honestly, it's not like I have anywhere else to go." She snaps angrily at them.

"Lili?"

Lili looks up to find Thorin before the throne of another elf.

"Uncle!" She bounds forward and wraps her arms around him, a hug he gratefully returns.

"How touching." Thranduil speaks from his throne. "A warm family reunion I see."

Lili's eyes flash yellow as Thorin makes sure he stands in front of her.

"You will leave her out of this." He warns darkly.

Lili frowns behind him but says nothing.

"I would not sink so low as to use your kin against you." Thranduil replies curtly. "She will be taken to the cells like the others."

Lili yelps as she's grabbed from behind by the elves again, Thorin goes to help but finds his way blocked and can do nothing as she is taken away.

They throw her in a cell even as the others are happy to see her return.

She kicks the door angrily as the elves close it behind her, cursing after them.

Balin chuckles from the cell across from her. "I see the forest didn't kill your spirit lass."

"Of course not," she grumbles hotly. "But I'll be having nightmares for weeks."

"At least you didn't see the spiders." Kili called. "They were huge."

Lili shudders at just the thought. "Don't talk about it, I don't want to know." She looks through the bars at all the others. "Where's Bilbo?"

No one knew and this had her worried.

"Don't worry Lili, it was Bilbo that saved us from the spiders."

"He'll be fine."

That was when Thorin was thrown back into his cell, the others all filled with questions on what the king wanted.