Thorin ~ Magic 8

The dwarves had grown worried as time stretched on before Kesia was brought back. Thorin paced in his cell, unable to get any response from her.

A round of insults were thrown out when she was finally brought in and placed in one, but the elves just ignored them, locking her door and moving away.

It took a long time before she responded to them.

A groan came from her cell. "Do you lot ever shut up?"

Happy cries went out and many asked if she was alright.

"I'd be better if you lot stopped talking for a bit, I have a killer of a headache."

"Did they heal your wound?" Thorin asked above the others, causing them to fall silent.

"Yeah, but that still doesn't mean I don't feel like I'm going to throw up." She grumbles. "Let me rest for an hour, then we can talk."

So they let her be, a silence falling over the still worried company.

They knew they could be trapped here a while.

As long as Bilbo remains free, we will be fine. She said softly to Thorin.

Thorin nods in agreement. Let's hope his luck pans out better than ours.

Sure enough, Bilbo saved them and they tumbled down the river in barrels, all of them ending up drenched through and a little worse for wear by the ensuing orcs.

Kesia grumbled the most once out of the barrels, her legs having been cramped inside and her blonde hair very sodden atop her head. Had it been any other time, Thorin would have laughed.

She was quick to grumble again when Bard found them and told them to get back inside the barrels.

"My lady, if I had another way for you to get into Laketown, I would tell you." Bard said urgently, Thorin visibly tensing beside her. "You need to get as low as possible into a barrel."

"I'd like to see you try and do this." She said, climbing into a barrel. With Bard and Thorin's help, they managed to get her as low as possible, her knees pressed tightly against her chest. "Chances are, I'm going to need to be pulled out of this things."

"I will help with that when we get there, one step at a time." Bard disappears from sight.

Kesia can feel Thorin's displeasure. Are you alright?

Fine.

You are a terrible liar.

He is silent for a moment. I just do not like the way he looks at you.

Are you jealous?

Thorin grunts. No. But he so openly stared at you when we met...I do not like it.

I was half drowned Thorin. Hardly a suitable condition for anyone, let alone a lady.

I still think it was hardly appropriate.

He felt her roll her eyes as she goes quiet.

It didn't last long when the fish was poured over them.

The amount of cursing she did, Thorin almost thought that she was saying it out loud. Luckily, she wasn't .

I think I'm going to be sick.

Just hold it a bit longer Kesia.

I hate fish.

I think we all do now.