Trouble

So, this a bit of a first for me. This is a modern AU where Fili and Kili are mischievous cousins of Thorin's daughter.

Dedicated to my own two troublesome older cousins ;)

I felt my eyes drooping, my maths teacher simply droning on about nothing important or of little interest to me. It had been such a long day and the weather outside just looked so good.

Just another half hour till lunch. I thought miserably.

My eyes drifted shut.

"Miss Oakson, are you quite comfortable there?"

I jerked up as snickers went around the class. "Yes Mr Simpson."

He looked less than impressed. "This is important for your future, as are all your classes. I suggest paying attention."

I looked at the board and then rolled my eyes as he turned back.

Algebra. Yeah. Right.

I'd begged my father to let me drop math, but he insisted that it would be necessary.

I sigh and instead focused on watching out the window.

The knock on the door didn't even get my attention,that was until I heard my name mentioned.

I looked up and my jaw dropped.

I knew that face anywhere,even if it was covered by a fake beard and a very bad wig.

Fili.

Only, he was a lot taller than normal, and it didn't take much to work out he was standing on Kili's shoulders, hidden beneath a coat that was much too large.

It was clear Mr Simpson didn't quite believe the facade.

"And you are..."

"Her Uncle. From across the sea." Fili said in a ridiculous accent, causing me to stuff my fist in my mouth to stop me laughing.

"Right." Mr Simpson said slowly. "And you want to-"

"There is family emergency." Fili nodded, causing the wig to bounce. "We need to go now."

Mr Simpson passed a quick look to me, so I quickly had to make sure I looked as innocent and clueless as possible. "Well...very well. Miss Oakson you may go."

Barely containing my glee, I stuffed everything into my bag and jogged out the door.

How they managed to keep it together, I had no idea.

Once out of school grounds and out of sight, they threw off the coat and all three of us burst into laughter.

"That...has got to be...the most ridiculous thing you guys have ever done." I said through tears and gasps of laughter.

Fili jumped of Kili's shoulder, grinning like a mad man and looking particularly mad with the wig and beard still on. "Well, what can I say, I am a genius."

Kili rolls his eyes and thumps him in the shoulder. "Right, like it was just your idea."

Fili raises an eyebrow. "At least I thought of the wig and beard."

I beamed at them. "How Mr Simpson didn't see straight through that, I have no idea."

Fili feigns surprised and put the accent back on. "I have no idea what you talk about Miss Oakson. I look nothing like myself."

We peeled over in laughter again, Fili finally taking off the wig and beard and stuffing them in a bag with the coat.

"I would've thought that being quite tall would've been the dead give away, but maybe he is as stupid as people say." Fili said lightly before facing me with his arms wide. "So do we get a hug or what?"