Bofur ~ Quiet

This is based on an imagine found here: http://imaginexhobbit.tumblr.com/post/131032702181/imagine-bofur-setting-up-a-romantic-bubble-bath

Much to the dislike of most of the Company, Bofur had simply refused to leave without you. He didn't care how much danger there would be, nor did he care if you would be the odd one out. He knew you could handle yourself.

But to be without his one and only, he would not allow it.

And it was a condition of him traveling so they had no choice but to agree.

So you found yourself traveling cross country with thirteen dwarves, a hobbit and a wizard.

You didn't mind, as Bofur had said, you could handle yourself. Even when things did go south a little, Bofur was always there to cheer you up.

He always said it was his greatest joy hearing you laugh.

And he enjoyed making you laugh a lot. Through out the journey, he always made sure you were happy and that you were safe. You could defend yourself, certainly, but Bofur still fought very close to your side, occasionally even jumping in front of you to stop an in coming blow.

It was when the spiders attacked that Bofur was really sent into panic mode, which was bad enough because you too, were panicking.

A terrible fear of spiders certainly wasn't a big help.

And then you'd been bitten and Bofur had to practically beg for the Mirkwood elves to heal you, the poison working through you body, making you very very ill.

Bofur had almost thought that it would be your last moments.

But the elves came through, healing you up, you were still very ill for a few days, but nothing life threatening anymore. Bofur had made sure that he did not leave your side, even tumbling downstream in barrels he had somehow stayed close, helping you out of the water when it was finally all over.

It wasn't until you reached Laketown that he left you alone for a little while. You'd been captured by the city guard trying to steal weapons, but once the two knew who you were, they were more than happy to let you stay a night, with the promise of gold in return.

You sat by yourself, slowly massaging your temples to try and ease away a growing headache, even as the other celebrated and cheered and drank as much wine as they could. You were surprised that Bofur hadn't joined them, usually he didn't pass down an opportunity like this to drink the night away, and yet he was no where to be seen, having disappeared not long after everyone had settled.

You worried for him, this journey had not been easy and he had spent so much time looking after you that you weren't entirely sure that he had been looking after himself.

A strong arm curved around you lower back, making you jump, turning startled to meet Bofur's warm gaze.

"Sorry love." He says quietly. "I did not mean to startle you."

"Where have you been? I was growing worried." You asked but it only earned you an amused grin.

"Come. I have a surprise." He didn't really wait for an answer, taking your hand and leading you away from the chattering and very noisy dwarves.

"Not in the mood for celebrating?" You ask, allowing yourself to be led away, glad that the doors cut off most of the noise.

"Maybe later." He said. "I have to take care of you first."

"Bofur-"

He gives you a look, making you shut your mouth instantly. It didn't matter how many times you had the argument, he was always going to win that one.