Kili ~ Game 4

Valey was definitely in Thorin's bad books now, but instead of just becoming more annoyed at her, he ignored her. The only way she could now bring things up to him were Fili and Kili.

And Kili wasn't talking to her.

Ever since the awkward kiss, Kili had been avoiding her, and she felt terribly guilty about it.

It was on their first night in Rivendell, Valey making sure she had some space from the others, that Fili approached her.

"Are you alright Valey?" He asked, sitting next to her.

"As alright one can be after being captured by trolls and chased down by wargs." She tries a smile, but it barely tugs at her lips.

Fili frowns. "That's not what I meant."

Red flushed her cheeks and she stares her lap. "I'm fine."

He sighs and cups her chin, bringing her gaze to his. "What happened?"

"I..." Valy hesitates, Kili and her had agreed not to say anything, but with the way things were, she wasn't sure she had much choice. "Kili kissed me." She mumbles, turning her head away again and staring back at her lap.

Fili sat there stunned. "He what?"

"He kissed me Fi." She says and rubs her eyes as she feels tears threatening to over spill her eyes. "And I...I didn't know how to react. I stood there and did nothing."

Fili frowns. "I thought you said you loved him?"

"I do." She gave a little hiccup, trying to control her emotions. "But it was after the whole incident with Thorin, and I just....I just..."

Fili hesitates but then wraps an arm around her, tightening his grip when he feels her trembling. "Easy Val, it's okay, we can sort this out."

The sob broke through before she could stop it and then all the emotions that had been built up over the last few weeks poured over as she openly cried, curling into Fili's chest.

Fili hugs her tight, biting his lip for a moment. "That's why Kili hasn't been talking to you?"

Valey sobs a little louder and nods against him.

Fili sighs. "My foolish brother, whatever shall I do with you?"

He stayed with her until her tears settled, gently rubbing her back and swaying slightly, both unaware that they were being watched.

"I'm guessing Thorin will want me to stay here?" She asked numbly.

Fili winces. "I doubt even he would leave you with the elves."

"But don't be surprised if he does, right." Valey sighs and straightens up, her nose very red from crying. "I'm sorry Fili, I haven't meant to be so much trouble."

"It's not your fault." Fili says gently. "Trust me Val. I'll see what I can, see if I can make any of them see reason."

But Valey shakes her head. "You've been in enough trouble for me already."

Fili just smiles warmly. "Hey, you are like sister to me. It's worth it to see you happy." He leans over and kisses her forehead lightly before standing. "I'll figure something out, I promise."

He leaves her alone, walking away. Valey sighs and decides to go for a walk, heading the opposite direction to Fili.

Fili, however, was followed, and soon heard angry footsteps approaching him.

He turns, surprised, to find Kili furious behind him.

"Are you okay Kili?" He asked slowly, taking in his brothers posture.