Thorin ~ Snow

This is based on an imagine found here:  http://imaginexhobbit.tumblr.com/post/135416032758/imagine-getting-blamed-for-throwing-a-snowball-at

You always had loved winter and it seemed even more spectacular to you now in Erebor.

Snow fell thick and heavy and the dwarves worked constantly to try and keep a path clear, luckily, the snow was soft and easy to work with.

The children loved it too, having snowball fights and building snowmen.  It was rare in winter that the laughter of children could not be heard echoing through the halls.

You mostly loved just walking through the snow, feeling the crunch beneath your feet and trying to catch snowflakes on your tongue, but with your up coming wedding, it felt as if you had little time to enjoy this winter.

It wasn't everyday you could say you were marrying a king after all.

But still, today you found yourself wondering towards the front doors as laughter peeled down the hall.

You stood at the doorway, taking in the sight, smell and sound of winter, a glorious glittering wonderland before you.  You knew that your future husband wasn't a fan after the events several years ago, but he could not stop your enjoyment.

Glancing behind you, you were glad that every else seemed to busy off doing something.  Taking the chance, you stepped outside.

The air was crisp and a smile broke over your lips at your first step into the fresh snow.  You weren't particularly rugged up for this but it was of little bother in this moment of freedom.

You continued to walk, away from the sounds of the children, content to be on your own.  With a quick look around, you giggle and drop into the soft snow, the feeling so familiar from younger days as you move around, the powdery white glowing around you.

Sitting up, you sigh, over looking the snow covered valley before you, trees barely peaking out their green.

It was so serene and you only wished that winter lasted longer.

A drop of snow falls next to you and you look up at the barren, white tree above you, winter having claimed its leaves.  The branches were ladened with snow, bits falling off here and there.

Removing your cloak, you decide that a better view is in order.

You'd always been nimble for a dwarf, so climbing trees was of little worry, and even sitting high up on a branch didn't concern you, and while not particularly queen like behaviour, you decided that in that moment, it did not matter.

However, others had different ideas.

"Y/N?"

You look towards the way you had come to find Fili and Kili watching you, their jaws a little slack.

"Morning."  You said with a smile and a wave.

"What are you doing in a tree?"  Fili asks a little nervously.

"Enjoying the view."  You sweep your arm wide across the valley.  "It's magnificent."

"I'm sure you can enjoy the view just as well on the ground."  Kili says, casting a worried glance around.

You laugh at their concern.  "My dears, I assure you, you don't have to worry about me."  You roll your eyes dramatically.  "Let me guess, Thorin has said something?"

The brothers momentarily look at each other and then their feet.

You sigh.  "I am fine, I promise.  Just leave me be for a little while and I will be back in soon.  It's just nice to be away for a while."