Boromir ~ Ours

I watched the two boys battle it out with wooden swords, both getting faster and better everyday, the older one starting on proper swords now under his fathers direction.

It meant he hit a little harder.

"Farandir, be careful please." I said sternly, even as he flashes me a cheeky grin. "Your brother isn't as good yet."

"I'm okay mother." The younger one groans. "He hasn't beaten me yet."

"Oh yeah?" Farandir hits out, swiping the wooden sword from his hand.

"Hey that's not fair!"

They started to argue, Farandir with a cocky grin on his face.

"Farandir. Torimir. That's enough."

They both turn as I look up with a tired smile, Boromir returning it warmly.

"Daddy!" The young girl at my side runs over to him, Boromir scooping her up into his arms.

"And how is my little one today?" He asks, joining my side to kiss my cheek.

"Good, but tired of the boys fighting." She shoots a glare at the boys, who just poke out their tongues in return.

I laugh. "Ella is just upset she can't join in."

Boromir ruffles the boys hair as they come over, giving a laugh. "Soon, Ella, I promise."

She pouts and squirms in her fathers arms. "But I want to learn now."

"Well, now is bath time." I said and held out my arms for her, something she reluctantly comes over two. "I trust you can handle the boys for a while?"

Boromir grins, the boys matching the smile. "Of course my dear, they are my children too."

I roll my eyes. "In that case, you can make sure they bathe properly after I am done with Ella."

The boys groan but Boromir quickly gets them occupied again as I take Ella inside, even as she grumbles.

I kiss her head. "I promise Ella, you will learn soon."

"Will you teach me Mama?" She asks, her eyes going wide.

I smile. "Well, I'm certainly not going to let your father teach you."

Boromir and I had met on the battlefield, as orcs had piled into the city of Gondor, I was one of the last on the line of defence.

And I had no intention of going down easily.

Wounded but unperturbed, I had fought until the sound of victory rang through the city. He had asked if I was alright and then helped me tend to my wounds, very carefully cleaning and wrapping me up.

Somehow, it was like an instant connection between us.

Once it was all over and Gondor once again had a true King, Boromir and I started to get to know each other more.

Within a year, we were married.

Now, with three children, Farandir twelve, Torimir ten, and Ellathin (she hated her full name) six, life was certainly never dull.

But I was missing the battlefield.

I had been raised to fight and managed to gain a place within the guards, although they were reluctant at first.

And now, even with Boromir as Captain, always seeing the king, I had little time to even think on any of that.

Later that night, once the children were all in bed, I was tidying up when Boromir's arms wrapped around me.