Colours 5

Lili was less than happy atop the Carrock once the shock was over of having almost lost Thorin against Azog. She'd held him so tightly that they almost thought they would have to pry her away.

But then she'd realised how high up they had been.

And she was less than happy. It took them almost an hour simply to convince her to come close to the edge and then another two to start her down the stairway that led to the ground.

But she was more than happy to lead the way once her feet hit the earth, practically tearing away from them even with a still bound leg.

Her joy was short lived when they realised how close and how quickly Azog had caught up.

She did not want a repeat of what had happened.

Gandalf had a plan of course but none of them were overly keen, but with no choice they had to follow him.

Lili wasn't very impressed when they were chased by a bear.

"Honestly Gandalf, how many times are you going to try and get us killed?" She snapped. "First, you leave us and we get captured by trolls, then run straight into wargs, then you make us go first and we get captured by goblins and run down by orcs and wargs again. Now, we are getting chased by giant bears and quite honestly I'm thinking-"

"That you can hardly blame this all on me Lili." He says calmly, looking patiently into her green eyes. "Now, you are tired. I would recommend getting some rest."

She clearly bristled but her brothers quickly grabbed her and dragged her away, making sure she couldn't keep arguing with the wizard.

Sure enough, Lili was the first one asleep.

Beorn, despite his appearance and ability, became of great interest to her though, and Thorin wasn't overly sure he liked her talking to him so much. Beorn just seemed amused by all her questions.

It was only natural that she asked for Beorn's help.

Thorin was the only one inside at the time of Lili's scream, causing him to instantly jump to his feet and rush out.

He barely had a glance outside when something landed on his head.

Thick, rich honey dripped from Thorin's head and shoulders and it was only after he recovered from the shock that he heard the laughter.

The Company had all been outside and now all of them were peeling over with laughter. Fili, Kili and Lili were all on the ground, Lili holding her sides. Dwalin was bent over, caught between trying not to laugh and laughing so hard he was crying. The rest of the company were either holding their sides or each other as they laugh.

Thorin's furious gaze burns into Lili.

She had managed to sit up, wiping tears from her eyes, her eyes sparkling as she looks at him. "I thought you could use a little sweetening up."

This causes a fresh round of laughter.

"This isn't funny Lili." Thorin growls, wiping a good handful of honey away from his eyes, it very slowly dripping from his hair. "This is going to take forever to get out."

The laughter clearly disagreed with him, many of them still struggling to control it.

"I did warn you I would get you." She grins widely with a shrug. "As you've said, never underestimate a Durin."

This causes Fili and Kili to laugh harder, even as Thorin looks less than impressed.

"If I remember," Balin says chuckling. "You got me with a very similar prank once, and yours wasn't exactly as nice as honey."