Endless Love

"So, I was wondering if that sounded alright to you guys?" Jen asked us.  "That sounds fun!  Huh, Genny?" Stella asked, pulling my arm.  I wasn't sure what to think.  I mean it's Jennifer freaking Lawrence.  She's got bigger things to deal with than two kids.  "It's the least I could do." Jen told us.  I had barely gotten over my parents last week and we were about to be released from the hospital.  Jen just pretty much dropped a bomb on us.  She said foster parent!  Not adoptive.  But, honestly...I wouldn't mind it.

"Yeah, we'd love that. Thank you so much Jen." I said smiling.  Jen roped us into a hug and whispered in my ear, "I promise, I won't try to take their place."  She was referring to my mom and dad.  She had told us earlier that since their was nothing to be found of them, they couldn't really have a funeral for them, but with the money we got from the fire it totally to 82,000 dollars!  When I found out about it, I wanted them to have the best gravestones in all of Kentucky.  I would give some money to Jen to help her pay for taking care of us, but I'd want most of it to go towards something special for my mom and dad.

"So, my house is in Los Angeles.  Would you be okay with living there?" she asked us.  "Before I had the chance to respond, Stella jumped in.  "Like in California?  Where the stars live?!" she asked excitedly.  "Yes, sweetie.  You'd actually get to meet some of them!" Jen said, trying to keep the mood light and happy.  "Cool!  That sounds awesome, right sissy?" Stella asked.  "Yeah, awesome!" I said, keeping my little sister happy.  I was just worried about my parents.  Yeah, they were gone.  But where were the people going to put the gravestone?  In California or Kentucky?  I'd ask Jen about it later.

"So, today I was thinking we could go shopping for some clothes and stuff for you guys.  We're gonna be staying in Kentucky for one more night.  Tomorrow morning we get on a plane to go back to California." Jen explained.  Stella was bubbling with excitement like a shaken up bottle of Pepsi.  I on the other hand, was terrified to fly.  I had a fear of heights.  I didn't let it show though.  "That sounds fun." I said.  "Alright then!  The doctor said that you are cleared to leave with me, all the adoption papers are signed.  Let's go shopping!" Jen said excitedly.  She pulled Stella and I into a big hug, and we both returned it.

"In this?" Stella asked, pointing to her hospital gown.  "No silly girl!  My mama made these for you." Jen said as she handed us each a very pretty dress.  Stella's was one of those tutu dresses, a gray top and a frilly pink bottom.  Mine was this beautiful maxi dress.  It had a white tank top a floral colored skirt...just overall really pretty.  "Come on Stella, I'll help you." I said as I took her in to the bathroom.  Jen stayed on the bed to wait for us.  I took Stella into the bathroom and closed the door behind me.

"Genny?  Mommy and Daddy aren't coming back are they?" Stella asked.  The first serious question she had asked since we got to the hospital. I didn't know whether to answer truthfully or not.  She deserved to know.  "No Stella.  They aren't.  That's why we're gonna go live with Jen." I told her as I helped her put her dress on.  "She's not gonna try and be mommy right?" Stella asked.  "No!  She said she wouldn't.  Nobody could be just like mommy." I told her.  I then put on my own dress.  Jen's mom did an excellent job making these.

"We're ready." I called out as we came out of the bathroom.  Jen saw us and smiled her award winning grin.  "You girls look beautiful.  Here, let me take a crack at this parenting thing, and let me do your hair.  I also have flip flops to wear.  I wasn't sure what size you were, so I figured these were the best bet." she said.  Stella ran over to Jen, she loved having her hair done.  I on the other hand, liked my hair left down.  But I was gonna let Jen try this out.

Jen went to work on Stella's hair and the finished outcome was pretty good.  She had pulled all of Stella's medium long blonde hair and pulled it into a set of little braids.  My hair was a little  longer, so I knew she would have a little more trouble with that.  Actually, she didn't!  I sat down in front of her and her fingers went to work to create a beautiful side braid.  When I looked in the mirror, I recognized it as the braid that Katniss had in The Hunger Games.

"Okay, let's ditch this joint!" Stella yelled, pumping her little first.  This caused me and Jen to almost fall over in a fit of giggles.  Jen took both of our hands, and we both accepted it.  We went to the elevator and Stella asked which floor to go to so she could push the button.  "Floor one, baby." Jen said, holding up her index finger to show 'one'.  Stella pushed her palm on the button and the doors closed, well almost.  Jen stuck her hand out to prevent it from closing when she saw a lady come up to the elevator.

"Hi, thanks." she said as she came in.  "First floor?" Jen asked.  "Yes." the woman replied.  This woman was really pretty.  She had long black hair and...was missing her hand?  Her hand just stopped the wrist.  "Jenny?  Why does she not have her hand?" Stella asked, in a loud whisper.  "Stella!  I'm sorry!" I said to the woman.  "It's fine.  Actually, sweetie I was born without my hand." the woman said to Stella, bending down to her level.  "Wow, really?" Stella asked.  The woman and Stella stroke up a conversation and it made me smile.  I liked seeing my little sister happy.

When we got to the bottom floor, Jen took us to the front desk and checked us out.  "Okay now girls, there may be some people outside who wanna take pictures of us.  I don't know if they know I'm here.  So if they are there, don't answer any questions, hold onto my hand, and just look down.  I'll make sure we get to the car." Jen said as we got to the door.  We nodded and grabbed her hand.  As we stepped outside, the flashes of people's cameras almost blinded me.  

Jen pulled us through the crowd of people, keeping us close to her.  Questions were fired at us.  Like why we were with Jen, and who we were.  I guess I kinda forgot that a celebrity adopted us, and that this would probably happen often until the world knew who we were.  I was hoping I'd get used to this.  Stella liked the spotlight, but I was a little more reserved.  Hopefully I would eventually get used to this.  Right now though, Jen was taking us shopping.  And I was gonna focus on that.