Just Acting

Genesis' POV

"AAHHHHHHH!" I screamed, right before 'CUT!' was yelled.

"That was awesome G.  I think we'll use that one." the director said.  I had screamed four times to film the scene where Taya walks in on the murder scene.  "Alright, let's set up for when everybody shows up at the scene.  Stana, Nathan at the door.  Jon, Seamus, and Tamala over by Trent." the director said.  Trent was the guy who was playing Lyell Zagat, the guy who got murdered.

This morning I got the run down of the episode.  I was Taya Zagat, adopted child of Lyell Zagat.  Taya was a rising child star and was often referenced as a 'Tiny and White Beyonce' for singing and dance.  Gee, who's that remind you of?  But anyways, Taya calls the cops and then Beckett has to take her into protective custody.  Taya stays with Beckett and accidentally says that Lyell would abuse and rape her.  As the case goes on, Taya helps them figure out who people are and that kinda stuff.  She eventually helps them figure out who the killer is, Lyell's assistant.

The rest of the episode was kept a secret from me.  Which kinda scares me.  But right now, it's really fun just being able to hang out and do my acting thing.  I also really liked the outfit I currently had on.  It was the only 'costume' I'd be using.  It was a school uniform that I'd be wearing for most of the scenes that would take place on the first day in the episode.  But that was the cool part I liked about this character.  She had two completely different sides to her.

This side was the innocent blonde school girl.  While the other side was the hip-hopping, singing and dancing, pop-star girl with bright pink extension highlights.  But I guess around the end of the episode Taya says that she did all of it because she was scared of Lyell, she never wanted to be famous and the center of the public eye.  

"Alright G!  I want you I think right...here." Andrew called as he found the appropriate spot for me.  I went over to the set wall and sat down near it in the chair.  "Okay so you're sad but you you hated what he did to you.  But you're also scared about everyone finding out.  So maybe just like a shaky look instead of a scared look alright?" Andrew asks.  I nod and they get ready to roll the scene.

Everything is going pretty smooth until Tamala gets her tongue twisted while explains the guys murder.  "Alright, let's go back about twenty seconds." I hear.  I remain in my position until the camera pans over to me as I hear Jon say, "She made the call."  The camera pans to me and Stana and Nathan come over to me.  "Hey sweetie, what's your name?" Stana asks.  I keep my gaze away and, by mistake, answer "Genesis"

"Crap that's not my name." I say breaking character.  It gets a few laughs from them and myself before we redo the scene correctly.  When we take a break, we've only encountered a few mess ups.  I use my break to video chat Stella and Tori.  I grab my raspberry lemonade and open up a FaceTime call to them.  I wait a few seconds before they answer.

"Hey Genny!" they said together.

"Hey guys!  How's it going?" I asked.

"Good.  Bella pooped in our room." Stella said flatly.

"Gross.  You didn't have to tell me that!" I said, grossed out.

"I know but it was funny!  You shoulda seen Grandpa's face!" Tori said laughing

"So in other news...how's cheerleading Tori?" I asked, hanging the subject.

"Awesome it's really fun!" she responded.

"And I love gymnastics!  Why didn't you tell me how fun it was before?" Stella asked.

"I didn't think you'd like it." I told her honestly.

"Well I LOVE IT!" she exclaimed.

"Okay.  Have you heard anything from my friends?" I asked out of curiosity.

"I'm four.  I don't know." Stella told me.

"Right.  Well, tell everyone I say 'Hi'." I said.

"Okay.  We love you!" They said together

"I love you guys too." I told them.

I ended the FaceTime and checked my text messages.  Two from Chloe, an e-vite to Jamie's birthday party at the end of the month (totally going), and a picture message from Mom.  I opened the picture message and she was on a bridge with a ton of locks on it.  The Love Lock Bridge!  There was a second picture, and when I opened it I was so happy.  It was a lock that said 'Me + My Girls: Genesis, Stella, and Tori'

I smiled as I sent her back an "I Love You' message.  I was bored now and my lemonade was gone.  I wandered around set and checked in with Andrew what we would be working on next. I actually wasn't going to be needed for a few scenes.  For the rest of the day and beginning of tomorrow, they were filming the scenes where they spoke with the suspects or were chasing them down.  Obviously Taya wouldn't be in those scenes.  I decided that since I had my bag with me, I could change and do my dance stretches and practice my pirouettes.

I went to the bathroom and changed into my leggings and regular t-shirt, hanging up the school uniform in the costume room.  I went off to the far side of the set and went into my middle splits, switching to my left and right.  For the dance I was working on, I had to have my flexibility and turns on point.  Or on pointe!  I brought my leg up to my ear and then went on my toes.  I started doing my turns and got four in before I lost my balance and momentum.

"Is it a good thing or a bad thing when a ten year old can do that, and I have never been able to do a cartwheel?" Nathan said as he approached me.  "Wanna feel real bad?" I asked laughing.  "Show me up Small One." he said.  "Alright back it up.  I need some room for this one." I said was a laugh.  I cracked my neck and jumped around a bit before I turned the music on my iPod to the song.  

"Doesn't it hurt when you just, crash on the floor?" he asked.  "You get used to it." I said.  "The last time I was ever able to do something remotely close to that was like fifteen years ago." Stana said as she approached me too.  "How do you even learn to do something like that?" Nathan asked me.  I chose my words carefully before answering.

"It's something you learn.  Dance is just acting with movement.  That's all it is.  Just acting."

****

Hey guys!  I haven't updated in a while but now I did!  I hope ya'll enjoyed this chapter!  Less than five chapters left in this book!  Comment, Vote, and Follow