Christmas Is In The Air

Genesis' POV

Today is the last day of school, finally!  I like school and all, but everyone needs a break.  Mom had gotten creative this morning and made us reindeer pancakes.  Not sure how her cooking challenged self did it, but I'm impressed!  "Genesis, your presents are at the door.  I put them in the bags and marked all of them.  You just have to get dressed." mom said as I finished eating.  I nodded and ran upstairs to get dressed.

I had my outfit hanging on the back of my closet door.  It was a fluffy gray penguin sweater, black leggings, and my gray ankle boots.  I was gonna leave my hair down and wear my little Santa hat.  I had painted my nails red the night before and was putting on my snowflake jewelry set.  I felt really pretty and festive wearing it.

"Hey mom, I'm gonna go!" I yelled from the door

"Hey mom, I'm gonna go!" I yelled from the door.  "Okay I'm coming." she said as she ran over to the door.  "Stella.  Tori.  Finish eating and then go get ready.  We only have like twenty minutes before we have to go to preschool." Mom warned.  I saw them nod and hurry to try and finish eating.  "Okay binder is in your bag along with Chloe's present.  We are gonna take Tessa's to her tomorrow before we go to the high school for the play.  Do you wanna give JJ her's tomorrow or today?" Mom rapid fired.

"I'll give it to her tomorrow.  One less thing to carry." I said.  I had my gift exchange present in my left hand, and Miss Parish's present in my right, with my backpack on back.  "Alright then you are alright to go.  Bye, love you!  Have a good last day!" she called as I left the house.  "Bye, love you too!" I said.  I went out to the stop in time to see 'Rowdy Rosco' pulling up.  "Hey kiddo." he said as I got on I smiled and went to the last seat on the bus.  It was where Chloe, Tessa, and I had been sitting since day one.

I waited two more stops for Chloe to get on.  I saw her get on and she looked really cute.  She was wearing a red shirt that said 'Dear Santa, I can explain...' and her white jeans, along with her red Converse high tops.  "Merry almost Christmas!" I said as she sat down next to me.  "Merry almost Christmas!  Do you want your present now or at school?" she asked.  "Let's do it now!" I said as I got her bag out of my backpack.  We traded and opened each other's presents.

When I took the wrapping paper off, I uncovered a whole holiday cookie making kit!  It had the icing, cookie mix, sprinkles, candies, and three Christmas themed cookie cutters.  Chloe's face was priceless when she opened her emoji pillow.  "The ghost is my favorite emoji!" she said.  "I know you only use it in like every text!  I love this thank you!" I tell her.  "Thank you!  I love this." Chloe said.  We talked a little bit more until we pulled up to school.

Miss Parish's classroom looked pretty different.  It was totally decorated for Christmas, she had a mini tree for the gift exchange, a wreath on the door, and an 'Elf on the Shelf' was on top of her computer monitor.  I put my gift exchange present under the tree along with the one for Miss Parish.  She also had quite a few presents from students.  I sat down at our table of three with Chloe and looked over at Tessa's seat.  She had been gone for nearly a month, and it kinda sucked.