Country Living

Genesis' POV

I guess I fell asleep on the plane, because Mojave had to wake me up.  I thanked her and got off the plane to find my luggage at the baggage claim.  I went to the fourth gate and found my bags.  "Miranda said she would be at the fourth gate." I muttered to myself.  Before I forgot, I placed my sunglasses on my face and put my blue newsboy hat on to shield my face from any possible paparazzi.  I went to gate five and looked around for Miranda.  I guess she noticed me, cause I heard someone yell "G!" really loud.

I turned my head and noticed Miranda.  She had on a pair of dark sunglasses and had a Tennessee Titans Football cap on.  I went up to her and set my bag and guitar down before throwing my arms around her.  "Hey kiddo!" she said happily as she hugged me back.  "Hi!" I said as I pulled away from the hug.  "Let's go sweetheart, my country lifestyle awaits you!" she said and she carried my guitar for me.  I picked up my bag and she took me out to the truck she had parked outside the 'Arrivals' area.

"Here, gimme you're stuff.  I'll put it in the back." Miranda said.  I handed her my suitcase and she set it in the bed of the truck.  "Can I keep my guitar up here with me?" I asked.  "Sure!  I get you don't want it to get broken or somethin'." Miranda said.  I put my personal bag and guitar in the back seat and sat in the passenger seat.  Miranda got in the driver's seat and started it up.  A country station started playing.  When we were on the road and out of the airport, 'Footloose' started playing.  Funny thing was, it was Blake's version.

"He's at home getting ready for you.  He made lunch, which kinda scares me, but he's excited you're coming." Miranda said.  I smiled and giggled as she mentioned his cooking skills.  We drove listening to the radio for about an hour before we pulled up to a large white farm house.  It had two floors and I could see a barn and fenced in pasture out back.  I could also tell by the dirt tread marks that there was a four wheeler track around the house.  "Welcome to the country, city girl!" Miranda said as she stopped the truck.  "It's so pretty!" I commented as I got out.

I smelt the fresh cut grass and country air as Miranda got my suitcase from the back.  The red front door swung open and a few dogs came scrambling out and in the door way was freaking Blake Shelton!  "You the famous Genesis?" he asked as he approached me.  "Genesis, yes.  Famous, probably no." I said laughing.  "Pretty damn famous if you as me, Miss Daughter of Jennifer Lawrence who has the same amount of hits on the internet as Taylor Swift." Blake said.  My jaw almost dropped.  "And leader of 'The Amethyst Hearts'." Miranda said.  

"Okay, okay.  Maybe a lil' bit famous." I said giggling.  One of the dogs jumped up on me and of course it was the bigger dog.  "Gunner!  Down buddy!" Miranda said as Blake pulled the dog off of me.  "Here let's go inside.  I hope you like fried chicken." he said.  I smiled and said, "It's only like my favorite in the entire universe!" We walked up to the house and I was in awe when we stepped in.  It was like a dream farm house.  It was all rustic inside and the coolest thing was probably the His and Hers hunting rifles hung on the wall that had 'Shelton' carved on them.

"You guys have a beautiful house." I said.  "Thanks sweetie.  I can show you the room I set up for your stay?" Miranda asked.  "Sure, but you didn't have to set up a room for me for just a week." I told her.  "Bullcrap." she said and she lead me upstairs.  "I thought we were gonna eat!  I put effort into the food this time!" Blake called from downstairs.  "Give us a few minutes!" Miranda called back laughing.  She lead me to a room that had a white door and a horse shoe on it.  We passed a door that said 'Arizona' on it.  I imagine she set up the room in case she ever found her daughter.

"It's usually a guest room, but we classed it up a bit." Miranda said as she opened the door.  I was in awe.  The pink room was decorated with rustic decor and had a deer head hanging over the bed.  The bed was covered with pink camo blankets and pillows.  "It's gorgeous!  Thank you!" I said as I hugged her.  "No problem sweetheart." she said as she hugged me back.  "So how about you set your stuff down, and we go eat?" she asked.  I nodded and she left the room so I could put my stuff away really quick.  "We'll be downstairs when you're ready!" she called.  I nodded and started to put my stuff away.  

I set my clothes in the white dresser that had chipping paint.  I opened the bottom drawer and I found something.  A box.  I didn't want to be nosey, so I just put the box aside and decided to just give it to Miranda or Blake later.  I put my clothes away and set my guitar case on the bed.  I went downstairs and saw Miranda talking quietly to Blake.  "I'm ready!" I called down.  "Alright!" Blake said.  We sat down to eat and Miranda started the prayer.  She thanked the Lord for our food and for having me with them.  We started eating and were actually impressed by Blake's cooking skills!

Miranda's POV

"I don't know Miranda...it could be her.  Didn't the genetics test say she would have your hair and eyes?" Blake asked.  "That was just the most possible outcome.  That guy I was with had dark hair.  Blake, I really think it could be her.  It was from the moment I saw her singing in that video.  I'm almost positive it's her." I protested.  "Ran, look.  Okay, so maybe it's her.  Don't rush into asking her.  Just let it progress and we'll see how everything unfolds." Blake said as he hugged me.  I rested my head on his chest and wrapped my arms around him.

"I'm ready!" I heard Genesis call as she came down.  Alright Ran, time to put on a brave face...

Do it for your daughter.

****

Hey guys! So, I'm back from Atlanta!  It was awesome and I find out at the end of February if I make it to the show!  I really hope I make it so wish me luck!  Anyways, this chapter revealed a bit more.  But do any of you have ideas about what's gonna happen?  Leave it in the comments along with ideas!  I also have a plot twist coming up that only one person knows about.  KPanda2013 you better not say anything!