See You Again

Genesis' POV

I was wrapping my Christmas gift for Liam.  I got him this necktie and a Rolex watch.  It wasn't too hard to wrap them, they were both in boxes.  "Josh is coming over in one hour!" Mom yelled from the kitchen.  I fist pumped.  "Yes!" I squealed.  Josh was gonna show me how to play street hockey today.  "Stella, sweetie, can you turn the TV down?  It's too loud." Mom said as she finished putting away the dishes.  My little sister reluctantly turned down the TV, but changed the channel by accident.

"Last night, two young teenagers were killed in a tragic car accident.  Sixteen year olds: Mike Tyson and Julia-Jenette 'JJ' Watkins were killde after driving home from a party drunk.  People at the party were told that the two could stay the night, but the two insisted to go home to Mike's trailer.  After the bodies were identified, it was found that JJ was two, almost three, months pregnant.  However the baby had already died before the car accident.  The funeral for these two is going to be held December 29th."

I dropped the scissors.  JJ?  Drunk?  Car accident?  Pregnant?  That was one of my friends!  "Genesis?" I heard mom ask as she came up behind me.  "No!  No!  Just leave me alone!" I yelled and ran upstairs into my room and slammed the door shut.  I leaned on the back of the door and slid down the door, crying.  JJ was one of my best friends!  I never thought she would have done that!  I wouldn't ever think JJ would get in a car, drive it drunk, and be pregnant!

And now she's dead.  Is that were she went after the play last night?  To go get drunk?!  What the heck JJ?!  I was crying out of anger and sadness.  I was sad that she died but mad at her for how she died.  She could have prevented it!  "G?" I heard from the other side of my door.  "Not now." I muttered through my tears.  "Gen, it's-it's Josh.  I heard." he said.  "Why'd she do it?" I sobbed.  "I'm not sure bud.  It's things like this we can't explain." Josh said.

"She had a baby." I said as my tears started to subside.  "I know and I'm not sure whether to feel bad about that or what.  She was sixteen.  She shouldn't have been drinking and she shouldn't have been pregnant.  But now she and her baby are gonna get to meet each other in heaven." Josh said.  I wiped my eyes as I thought about that.  JJ running up to see her baby and raising her baby from heaven.

"Do you think she'll meet my mom and dad?"  I asked.  "Genesis.  I know that your mom and dad will know that she was a friend of yours.  They'll help JJ and her baby." he told me.  "Everything keeps getting taken away from me!" I yelled.  "That's not true Gen.  You got us, you got your sisters, the cast, your friends." Josh said trying to help.  "But why does everyone have to get hurt?!  Tori was hurt, JJ's gone, Tessa got hurt, my mom and dad are gone, what's next?!" I cried.

"Genesis, can you let me and your mom in?" Josh asked.  I leaned up and opened the door.  I found Mom standing there with the laptop.  Josh was on the Skype cam.  "Josh?" I asked, shocked.  "Yeah, stuck in the airport.  My ride's late." he laughed.  I giggled a little at that.  "So when will you really be here?" I asked.  "Not sure, but I promise to take your mind off things and teach you street hockey." Josh said.  "Thanks." I said as I wiped my eyes.  "I'll be there soon bud.  Hang in there." he said.

"Okay, bye Josh." I whispered.  Mom closed the laptop and put it on my bed.  "Genesis, I'm so sorry.  I know it's hard to understand.  I can't believe it either.  But everything is gonna be okay." she said as she wrapped her arms around me.  "We'll even be gone for the funeral." I muttered.  "I know, but I'll make sure we send regards." Mom said.  "Can I just be left alone for a little while?" I asked.  

"Okay.  I'll tell you when Josh is here or when dinner is ready.  Whatever comes first." she said.  "I love you baby." she whispered as she kissed me on the forehead.  "I love you too." I said as she left.  When she closed my door I went over and picked up my guitar.  I wasn't sure what I wanted to do.  I started playing the song that I connected with when my parents died.  It was one of the first songs I learned on my guitar.

Said goodbye, turned around
And you were gone, gone, gone
Faded into the setting sun,
Slipped away
But I won't cry
Cause I know I'll never be lonely
For you are the stars to me,
You are the light I follow

I will see you again, whoa
This is not where it ends
I will carry you with me, oh
'Til I see you again

I can hear those echoes in the wind at night
Calling me back in time
Back to you
In a place far away
Where the water meets the sky
The thought of it makes me smile
You are my tomorrow

I will see you again, whoa
This is not where it ends
I will carry you with me, oh
'Til I see you again

Sometimes I feel my heart is breaking
But I stay strong and I hold on cause I know

I will see you again, whoa
This is not where it ends
I will carry you with me, yeah, yeah

I will see you again, whoa
This is not where it ends
I will carry you with me, oh
'Til I see you again.

I put my guitar down when I realized I was crying again.  "I'll see you again JJ.  Maybe not right away, but soon.  I'll see you too, Mommy and Daddy." I whisper cried.  I put my guitar down and turned to look at the pictures that lined my dresser.  There were ten in all.  

Me, my original mom and dad, and Stella.

The day mom adopted us.

Me and Stella in in front of the Hollywood sign.

Me and Miranda.

My original mom and dad.

Me, Stella, and Tori.

Me, Chloe and Tessa at the dance competition.

When I was little with the cast of 'Castle'.

Me and Mom.

I picked up the one of of me, my original mom and dad, and Stella.  It was the day we had moved into the Kentucky house.  The movers had drawn on the driveway in chalk, 'Welcome Home Patterson's!'  I smiled for the first time in about an hour.  A real smile, not forced and fake.  Nothing can take away what I have right here on my dresser.  Those memories will never leave me.  And I will see everyone again.  As my dad would always say

"We'll all get somewhere one day Genesis, just not too fast."

***

Hey guys so just a quick filler.  Anyways, watch the video above.  The guy who created it is on Vine: Daz Black and that is his character Happy Cloud who I have been LMAO at all day!