Eleven

Genesis' POV

"Shut up, I'm going to THROW YOU ACROSS THE ROOM!" I yelled into my pillow as my iPod continued to blare the alarm.  I grabbed it and slid the alarm to off.  Then I looked at the date.  

February fourteenth.  

Valentine's Day.

In other words...MY BIRTHDAY!

"Gen you up?" I heard Stana yell from her side of the room.  "I am now!" I called back.  Next thing I knew she came bursting through the door with a plate of waffles.  "Happy Eleventh Birthday!" she said as she handed me the plate and hugged me.  "These are waffles with frosting and sprinkles." I said with suspicion.  "Yep.  Made em myself in the hotel lobby." she said with a giggle.

"Why are you so nice to me, honestly?" I asked sarcastically.  "Because, you're gonna be closer to me than you know." she said with a hint or suspicion in her voice.  I raised a questioning eyebrow, but didn't say anything.  I got cut off by mom FaceTiming me!  I quickly accepted and Stana left me and my mom alone so she could go get dressed.

"Happy Freaking Birthday!" she sang as she saw my face.  "Thanks!" I giggled at her.  "You're eleven today my lovely, how is it?" she asked.  "I feel more mature.  Like I have a grasp on things.  I understand the meaning of life." I said in a funny accent.  "Well then, what is the meaning of life?" she asked.  "Birthday waffles!" I said as I showed her the frosted stack.  She laughed and I did too.

"I really miss you baby." she said.  "I miss you too.  When are you going to be home?" I asked.  "About one week before you get out of school.  That way we can plan some sick summer activities." she said smiling.  "What do you have in mind?" I asked raising an eyebrow.  "I was thinking...lots of beach.  Yoga.  Visit the Kentucky house." she said.  I stopped cold.  "The Kentucky house?" I questioned.

"Genny baby.  I know it's still hard.  I know you miss them so much.  Tell you what.  We can go see them when we're in Kentucky." she said.  I sniffled, trying not to cry and nodded.  "I gotta go get ready.  We're filming in a few hours." I said.  "Alright.  I love you.  Happy Birthday." she said smiling weakly.  "I love you too.  Bye." "Bye."

I ended the call and just sat there a minute.  My parents would be with me today if not for the fire.  They would have attacked me with birthday tickling to wake me up.  Balloons tied to my bed posts and my door having a sign that said, "Birthday Queen" and my age on it.  I tried to push away my emotions as I got ready.  I was going to be changed into wardrobe once I got down to set, but I needed something to leave the hotel in.  So I settled on a pink v-neck shirt and jeggings.  I ate my birthday waffles and then put on my tan moccasins.  

"Stana you coming?" I asked.  "Yeah gimme five minutes.  Eyeliner isn't cooperating." she yelled back.  "Want me to do it?" I asked.  "If you can, go for it." she said handing me the eyeliner pen.  "I do dance competition makeup.  This is gonna be easy.  But hold still." I said.  I took the eyeliner and traced her eyelash line.  "I said hold still or this will end up in your eye." I said as she started laughing.

"Not bad, better than I was doing." she said.  "All in the wrists." I said rotating my hands on the sockets.  "Alright, let's roll." she said as she grabbed her bag and we left for her car in the hotel parking lot.  We got to set in about ten minutes, and rocked out to today's hits the whole way.

When we opened the stage door I nearly had a heart attack.  "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" everyone yelled.  I doubled over in laughter and smiles.  "Thanks!" I giggled.  Nathan came over and handed me a cupcake with pink frosting.  "Happy happy birthday, today's your special day.  I've given you a cupcake, now blow the flame away." he sang.  I looked at him like he was crazy.  "It rhymes deal with it." he said.  I blew out the one purple candle and made my wish.  That my mom and dad were happy in heaven,

 "Alright so before we start getting ready for today and start filming, we have news for Miss Genesis right here." Andrew said as he came over to me.  "Meaning?" I asked giggling.  "Well, in the episode Taya and Beckett develop a pretty good bond.  Taya confides in Beckett, and trusts her.  And Beckett feels for Taya and empathizes with her.  So at the end of the next episode Beckett applies to adopt Taya out of foster care.  And you will become a permanent part of the cast!" he said.

My jaw dropped and I squealed.  "Thank you so much!" I started crying.  They were tears of joy obviously!  "Aww!" was heard around the room as I got hugged by various cast and crew.  "You're gonna do great, G.  Being a kid on this set is awesome!  They cuss all the time, which racks up our swear jar." Molly said as she rubbed her fingers together.  "I'm so excited!" I laughed.  "Wait, is this just because it's my birthday while I'm here?" I asked.

"Oh no.  This was happening all along.  I knew that from the beginning of the season.  I also knew that I wanted you and only you." Stana said.  "Well thank you guys so much.  Probably best birthday ever!" I said putting my hands up.  "Alright well we gotta finish up the episode.  So everyone to designated places.  Genesis, Nathan, Molly wardrobe!  Stana makeup!" Andrew yelled everyone to their spots.

The day went on and it was great.  Lines were messed up and cues were lost, but it all got fixed in the end.  It was amazing getting to be with these people.  And I'm gonna get to be with them almost every week for seven months a season.

***

FINALLY BACK!  I'm sorry for my period of being gone but I am going to try to finish this book very soon!  ONLY 2 CHAPTERS LEFT!!  I have two chapters of the story left and then a Thank You note and a Q&A.  So if you have any questions for me, about the story, why I did something, what might happen in the next book, leave it in the comments.  I will be accepting questions up until the end of the book obviously.  THANK YOU ALL SO SO SOOOO MUCH!  

XOXOXOX