Red Carpet (Part 1)

Genesis' POV

Thank God I woke up feeling better today, cause I forgot that today was the first LA premier of Catching Fire!  I can't be sick and miss that!  I was so ready for that red carpet.  "You look better!" Mama said as I bounded down stairs.  "Yep!" I said, popping the 'p'.  "Well eat your breakfast.  We gotta go around noon to get all prettied up!" Mama said as she handed me my plate of pancakes.  I quickly ate and then went to get changed.  I didn't put much thought into what I was going to wear, considering that people would be talking about what I wore on the red carpet tonight.

I slipped on a white t-shirt with a gold heart on it, and then stepped into a pair of black leggings.  I put my white Converse to the side so I could wear them later.  I put my hair in a ponytail and played on my iPod for a while.  "Hey G, come on we gotta go." Josh said as he came into my room.  He stayed the night last night and we were all leaving together.  I nodded and grabbed my gold purse.  I put my feet into my Converse and we all headed out the door.

When we got to the place where the premier was being shown, we were all rushed off in different directions.  Josh was pushed away to be with the other guys, and Mama was whisked away to get ready with Liz, Jena, Willow, and the others.  Liz didn't want to scare her son with the intense scenes from Catching Fire, so we were the only kids there, besides Willow.  But she's a teenager,

"Hey G!" said Mama's designer, Georgina.  Georgina was gonna help me and Stella get ready today.  She was also going to do our hair and makeup for the pageant next week.  "Hi Georgina!  You got my dress?" I asked excitedly.  I had picked it out a while ago.  But today I finally got to wear it.  "Yep!  Your dress, the tights, shoes, and headband...all here!" she said as she pulled out a garment bag.  I squealed and jumped excitedly.

"Your gonna get dressed first, then we are gonna put the smock on you so we don't get the hair and makeup stuff on your dress." Georgina said as she handed me the bag.  I went behind the curtain and got into my dress.  It fit perfectly.  I looked like a real princess or super model.  When I came out I did a twirl for Georgina.  "Oh look at you!  Super model status!" she said happily.  I did a little sassy face that I had been taught at pageant practice. 

"Alright sassy girl.  Let's do your hair and makeup.  I'm thinking a shimmery eye shadow with thin eyeliner, and tight bouncy curls for your hair." she said as we looked in the mirror.  I nodded and got into her styling chair.  Georgina is a perfectionist, so it did take a while.  But I looked beautiful!  I barely recognized the girl in the mirror!  "Beautiful!  So worth the time!" Georgina said.  She then started working on Stella, who had stroke up a conversation about how she got a lot of candy last night.

Finally, it was time to get ready to go on the red carpet.  We had an hour before the premier, which meant thirty minutes until we went on the red carpet!  I met up with Mama and Josh who decided to match.  Mama wore a light purple cocktail dress and Josh wore a light purple button down shirt.  "Ready to rock that carpet?!" Mama asked me and Stella.  "Yeah!" we said together.  Stella looked cute.  She had on a pink dress with a frilly tutu bottom. She had a silver shrug sweater over it and little silver shoes.  Our hair and makeup was pretty much the same.

"And now the cast of Catching Fire!" I heard.  I smiled really big.  Stella was gonna hold Mama's hand while I did the red carpet all by myself.  Mama had told me that I didn't have to answer any questions that I didn't want to.  Incase they were about my mom and dad, or being adopted by her.  I said I would probably be fine.  Then we headed out.  There were cameras everywhere!  They flashed brightly.  Of course with Mama being the female lead, we went first.  Then Josh and the rest.

"Genesis!  Is it true that you will appear as Katniss' daughter in 'Mockingjay'?"  I was asked by a reporter that approached me.  "I'm not sure, we'll just have to see!" I said happily.  I did a few poses for the camera and smiled nice and big.  "Genesis, is it true that you want to be a professional soccer star instead of an actress like Jen?" asked another reporter.  "Being a soccer star has been my dream since I was five, but I wouldn't turn down an acting job every now and then." I said.

"Genesis, other than your mother, who would you see to be one of your favorite actresses?" asked one reporter.  "Definitely Stana Katic from Castle.  Before I was adopted, my father was an author and TV journalist and I met her before.  She is incredibly nice and so genuine.  It felt like I was hanging out with the older sister I never had." I replied.  Somehow that would probably get back to her.

I almost started fangirling right there on the red carpet when I saw someone who I admire dearly.  Her music was the greatest thing to ever happen to the country genre.  Why was she here though?!  OMG!  I forgot Mama telling me that she wrote one of the songs for the 'Catching Fire' soundtrack.  It was THE Miranda Lambert on the exact same red carpet as me.  Mama was over there hugging her.  I was only two feet away.

"Oh my Gosh, you must be Genesis!  You are so pretty!" Miranda said.  "Yeah, I'm-I'm Genesis.  I love your music!" I gushed.  "Oh thank you!  I heard you sing the song you wrote, absolutely amazing!" Miranda said.  The people were getting pictures of us talking together and they even took a picture of her hugging me.  When we pulled away from the hug, I noticed how similar we were in the feature department.

We had the same nose.  We had the same face shape.  Our eyes were similar in size and color.  It was almost like she could be my much older sister...

***

Alright guys, you fill in the blanks if you remember earlier in the story.  What's gonna happen?!  Leave your thoughts on this chapter in the comments and don't forget to vote!

Oh BTW, 1K views was hit today in this book!  Woo-Hoo!  ILYSM!  You guys rock!