Homeward Bound

Genesis' POV

I still can't believe that Disney went by that quick!  It was so fun and it's probably the coolest thing I've done in a while.  We're waiting in the airport for the plane to come in and take us back to California.  It's a 10 AM flight and we're gonna get home around 7 PM California time.  I'm really looking forward to seeing Bella again, she's the cutest puppy ever!

"Flight 126, first class, you are now boarding." was played over the intercom.  "Come on, that's us." Mom said as we collected our personal bags.  Josh said he was staying in Florida for another few days because he had to catch a different flight to Paris in a few days.  I wasn't sure why he had to go to Paris, but who knows!

I put my backpack over my shoulder and followed mom up to the entrance to the plane.  I showed my ticket and the attendant scanned it.  We went onto the plane and I found my full sized, almost couch length, seat.  I sat down in the seat, which was closest to the window and pulled out my essentials.  I pulled out my iPod, earbuds, notebook, and lucky pen.  The past few times I've had to travel I would write songs and they usually turned out pretty good.  

Within twenty minutes we were soaring through the sky.  Stella and Tori were watching a movie and Mom was working on something.  I had been thinking about writing a song for my friends.  I started writing the first things that came to my mind, and before you know it, two hours later I have 'Take on The World'.  I closed my eyes after that and quickly fell asleep.

I woke up just in time for us landing.  I groggily stopped the music coming through my earbuds and got ready to get off the plane.  When we landed, I helped Stella and Tori get their bags and off the plane.  I stepped into the airport and was greeted by California darkness.  "Limo's out front." Mom said as she grabbed the last bag from baggage claim.  We headed over to the pick-up area and were bombarded by the paps.

I shielded my face with my hand and grabbed Tori's hand, keeping her close to me.  Mom had picked up Stella and was covering her face from the blinding lights.  We eventually made it out to the limo and got in quickly.  "Finally!" Stella gasped as she sat down in the limo's couch corner.  "No kidding." I chuckled.  Lucky for us the limo windows were tinted, so nobody could see inside the limo.

"I wrote a new song." I said after we pulled away.  "That's awesome.  Still gotta write in the chords and stuff?" Mom asked.  "Yeah, probably gonna do that before school starts." I said.  I saw her deeply inhale and a look of distress seemed to cross her face.  "What?" I asked.  "I um...gotta tell you guys something." she said, and all three heads locked on her.

"I'm leaving for Paris in two days.  The day before you go back to school.  I have to film for Mockingjay and I'm gonna be there until the end of May.  That's why Josh stayed in Florida.  He's catching the flight to Paris tomorrow." she said quickly.  I was in shock.  "What?!" I screamed.  "Gen, sweetie, I'm sorry.  I know that I'm gonna be gone for a while and I feel terrible, but I have to." she said.

"Not just that!  You're gonna miss tons!  Tori's birthday, my birthday, my dance and gymnastics, Stella's modeling, Tori's soccer practices!  How could you?!" I yelled as the limo pulled up to the house.  I got out immediately and grabbed my bags from the back.  I stormed up to the front door and stormed past Mama Lawrence.  I was furious and sad all at the same time.  I went upstairs to my room and slammed the door

I found Bella snoozing on my bed, and laid down with her.  "Great, now I feel awful." I muttered.  I started to put away my stuff from the trip when I heard a knock on my door.  "Genesis?" I heard through the wood.  It was mom.  I started tearing up, feeling terrible about what I had done.  I went over and swung the door open.  I gripped her in a hug as I cried.  "I'm sorry!  I don't want you to go though!" I sobbed. 

"Shh, baby, it's okay.  I know.  I want to bring you guys with, but you have to stay here.  Mama and Papa Lawrence are coming and they are gonna be here with you." she said and held me close to her.  "Can you video chat us every day?" I asked.  "As often as I can." she said and smoothed my hair out.  "Okay.  Mom I'm so so sorry.  I was just upset you were leaving." I said honestly.

"I know.  I figured that out.  But you know what?  That means that when I come home, all time is dedicated to you guys." she said smiling.  "Really?" I questioned.  "Yup, anything you guys wanna do, provided it's reasonable." she said and made me laugh.  "Deal." I said and we shook on it.  "Go ahead, finish putting your stuff away and then come on down for dinner." she said and closed the door behind her.

I finished putting my stuff away and thought about the next few months.  She wasn't gonna be here.  How much could really happen that was super important?