Halloween Party

Genesis' POV

Today is Halloween!  Thank god it's a Friday so I don't have to worry about school the next day.  Plus, I'm also on school break!  Woo-hoo!  I was off since Wednesday and go back on Tuesday.  All those days I've also had pageant practice.  I only go for an hour and a half and then get to do whatever for the other days.  Yesterday after practice, I got my Halloween costume.  For waiting so late to get it, there were actually a good amount of choices.  That and we went to Halloween City, so that place has a million of costumes.

I had settled on being the Black Widow from The Avengers.  I had the wig and the stretchy leather suit.  I even got a prop gun and belt for around my hips.  Tessa and Chloe were going to pick me up to go to Trevor's Halloween party in two hours.  Mama and Josh were gonna take Stella out trick-or-treating.  They all decided to match, so the are going as The Flintstones.  Stella as Pebbles and Josh and Mama as Fred and Wilma.

"G-G, you probably want to get ready.  Your makeup takes a little while, plus your wig." Mama said.  "Coming!" I yelled from my room.  I set down the book I was reading and ran down the hall to her bedroom.  I found her in the bathroom with her makeup box next to her.  I sat down in the chair she kept in the bathroom and Mama started with my hair.  She put my hair into a french braid and then pulled it up to secure it with the bobby pin.  She then placed the wig on top of my head.  We had straightened it the night before so we wouldn't have to today.

Then we started putting on my makeup.  To stand out with the wig, it was going to be a fire like smokey eye.  Kinda like Katniss is the Hunger Games ceremonies.  I sat still and didn't move around so Mama could do my eye makeup.  When she was done, I looked in the mirror and squealed.  I looked so pretty!  "Let's get you into your costume.  Tessa and Chloe are gonna be here to pick you up in about twenty minutes." she asked.

***

When we got to Trevor's house, I was in awe.  His family had decorated the entire house to look like a haunted mansion.  Everyone was hanging outside.  It looked like the whole party was outside.  I could see easily almost everyone from our class and most of the people from the other to classes.  Tessa, Chloe and I got out of the car and went up to the cob web covered gates.  "Hey, you guys made it!  Tess.  Chlo.  As much as I love your costumes, G-G's here is my favorite!" he said.

I chuckled and put up two fighting fists in the Black Widow fight pose.  Trevor smiled and brought us into his yard.  I recognized the other girls and guys from my class and the other classes.  Tessa and Chloe decided to go as Thelma and Louise for Halloween.  We mostly hung out with each other and some of the other kids from our class.  

"Hey, G!  Love your costume!" a boy in my class said.  I couldn't tell because he had a mask on, but I was pretty sure it was Hunter.  Hunter was a boy in my class and we were partners for an essay we had to write about how LA now was different from LA twenty years ago.  Our essay was mostly about how different actors had changed in their performances from then to now.  

We ate pizza and candy all night.  We played a game of ghost in the graveyard, and it was awesome!  It was really fun hanging out at Trevor's.  I hung out there for about three hours before Mama showed up.  She swung by around 9:45.  "Hey Trevor, I gotta go.  My mom's here." I said.  "Oh, sorry to see you go.  See you at school Tuesday!" he said as I went to her car.

She was still dressed in her Flintstones costume.  "You look smashing!" I said as I slid into the front seat.  "You do too!  Josh is at home with Stella.  He was gonna stay the night." she said as we pulled down the road.  That's when I started feeling sick.  "Mama, my stomach hurts." I complained.  Mama pulled over to the side of the road and I got out of the car.  "Did you eat too much junk?" she asked.  I shook my head no.  I opened my mouth and started gagging.  Then I threw up.

Mama rubbed gentle circles on my back.  "Come on let's go home.  Are you okay?" she asked.  I nodded my head.  I think I had it all out.  I got back in the car and laid my head against the window.  "Don't worry sweetie, we're almost home." Mama said as she sped a little faster to get home.  I wanted to go to sleep in my bed.  I wanted to take a bath first, maybe it would help the headache I was starting to get.

"Hey, we're home." she said as we pulled up.  She came over to my side and carried me from the car to the house.  Mama took me all the way up to my room.  "Take a bath or something.  I'll be back up in a few minutes with some stomach medicine." she said as she kissed my forehead.  I got into the bathtub and started feeling a little better.  Mama came up with some Pepto and I reluctantly took the pink medicine.  It tastes so bad!  Mama stayed in the bathroom with me incase I started feeling sick again.

When I was done in the bath tub, I got myself changed into my pajamas that said 'Bows Before Bros'.  I was really tired.  Mama tucked me in and went to my playlists and selected the playlist that I labeled 'Serenity'.  The first song that played was 'Follow Your Arrow' by Kacey Musgraves.  "Goodnight baby.  I hope you feel better tomorrow.  You can wake me up if you feel sick again.  I love you." Mama said as she tucked me in.  "Night Mama.  I love you too." I said as I turned on my side and cuddled with my stuffed giraffe.  I was feeling a little better, but I just wanted to slip into dreamland.  Which is exactly what I did.