Taya Danielle

(Two Weeks Later)

Genesis' POV

It's Thursday night after gymnastics practice, which means a video chat from Mom.  She said she was going to call me, so I parked myself in front of the computer until the message popped up on the screen.  'Incoming video chat from: Jennifer' it said and I practically slammed my hand mouse to accept the video call.  The screen went black for a second before mom's face popped up.  "Hey gorgeous!" she said when both our faces came up.  "Hi mom!" I squealed.  

For about the first five minutes it was the typical "what's up" talk.  I told her about Tessa coming back to school, meeting Jamie and when she came over.  Jamie came over last weekend and we did a bunch of duets together and we made pizzas and ate ice cream while watching movies.  Mom said that she was filming, but it wasn't as fun as when she filmed for Catching Fire.  She liked Hawaii because of all the water and the sunshine.

"Oh, so something came in my e-mail for you." Mom said.  "For me?  In your e-mail?  What is it?" I asked question after question.  "Hold on.  Let me pull it up." she said as she started looking around the screen to find her e-mail box.  "Okay here it is." she said as she clicked her mouse.  My anticipation was growing.  What was in her e-mail, for me, that was so cool?  "Okay so this is from the desk of both Andrew W Marlowe and Stana Katic.  Do those names for some reason sound familiar?" she asked with a devilish smile.

"Oh my God!  No way!" I jumped up and put my hands over my mouth.  Andrew Marlowe was the producer of 'Castle' and Stana Katic was 'Kate Beckett' on the show.  "No way!  Tell me what they said!  Tell me what they said!" I was screaming.  "Okay calm down a minute.  I gotta let the message fully load." she said.  A few seconds later she started to read the letter.

"Miss Lawrence, this letter is in re-guard to your daughter, Genesis Carlie Lawrence.  We have noticed through various videos that have circled the internet, that Genesis has an extraordinary ability for singing and acting.  For an upcoming role on the show, we are looking for someone to play the role of Taya Danielle Zagat.  The character is an eleven year old girl who has walked in on her adoptive father murdered.  We have a lot of plans for this character that extend beyond one episode, so we will be needing the perfect girl to play this part."

"Stana Katic, who plays Kate Beckett, brought up Genesis for the role after seeing her various videos on the internet.  She also mentioned the charisma that Genesis has for meeting people and being around others when she met Genesis a few years back.  We have decided, that provided you agree to the role and contract, that we would love to have Genesis play the role of Taya."

"If both you and Genesis are in agreement of the contract and choose to accept the role, please contact me as soon as possible, as filming for the episode will begin February 9th.  Filming would last about a week, ending on February 15th.  We have living arrangements set up for her, as she would stay the whole week.  She would likely being staying in the same hotel room with Stana for the week, as there would be parts that we are filming on location."

"We really hope that Genesis accepts the role, as we feel that she would do great.  If you and Genesis are in agreement to the contract and accept the role, please let us know as soon as possible.  Thank you for your time and we hope to hear from you soon.  Signed Andrew W Marlowe and Stana Katic."

I was in shock.  They wanted me to be on their show?!  The show that I had loved since it aired?!  It felt like this was a dream that was too good to be true, and I was about to wake up.

"No way!  Can I?!" I begged.  "I went over the contract and it's nothing too crazy and complicated.  You're allowed to do other movies and shows while being under the 'Castle' contract.  Umm.  If you include any of the actors or actresses in a vlog for your YouTube, they need to be run by Andrew first.  Please try to maintain a nice public image.  Which pretty much means no drugs, alcohol, or provocative stuff.  Just pretty much you do you and be smart about what you do!" Mom said as she skimmed the contract.

"So....can I?" I squeaked.  "I think that this is gonna be awesome for you.  Put your name out their more like Stella and Tori did." she said.  ""Oh my God thank you so much!  How soon can you tell them that I wanna do it?" I asked.  "I was gonna send them back a letter as soon as I read their's to you.  After that we should also get a break down of your role a little better and a script.  They said that they would also have one of their fancy black SUV's pick you up on February 8th so you will be at the studio and ready to go." she said.

"This is so awesome, thank you so much!" I squealed.  "You're welcome.  Well, according to my time zone clocks, you should be getting ready for bed." Mom said.  "Yeah, it's already 8 and I still gotta eat dinner." I said.  This was the part I hated.  Having to hang up.

"Alright well I love you sweetie.  But tomorrow's Friday and don't you have friends coming over to stay the night tomorrow?" she asked.  "Yeah.  Chloe and Jamie.  Tessa was gonna come too but she said that she has private dance lessons tomorrow night."  I told her.  I felt like sometimes Tessa just didn't want to hang out with Jamie.  She had kinda been a little snobby to her since she moved here.  Especially when I invited Jamie to go to an open gym night with us.  

"Night.  I love you to the stars and back." Mom said.  "Love you to Pluto and back." I said.  And with that the video chat disconnected.  I got up and had a huge smile on my face.  I was gonna go back and see everyone that I hadn't seen since I was six!  This was gonna be awesome!

***

HEY GUYYYYYYSSSS!

So I through this in because I needed something big that could be long term.  Well that and I also LOVE the show 'Castle'.  Even though the series ended, I will never stop loving it!  

I also put in some friction between Tessa and Jamie.  What do you guys think about that?  Comment down below how you think filming will go and how the sleepover with the girls is gonna go.  Love ya'll so much and thank you for reading!