The Amethyst Hearts

*Outfits go in this order: Genesis, Chloe, Tessa*

Genesis' POV

I was sitting in class doing my math problems.  It's simple algebra, like 'a+6=15' so it was really easy.  It's just backwards subtraction.  Tessa had finished a few minutes ago, she was a math wizard!  Everything came really easy for her.  Wasn't like we were jealous though, everyone had their thing.  I was really good at science.  Before I went to Nashville, we did this science experiment and had to launch a rocket, it was so cool!

It was a pretty normal day at school.  I was wearing my white 'The Beatles' shirt, my jean skirt, and then my polka dot leggings.  The color of my Converse were about the same shade of pink as the polka dots on my leggings.  I also had tried something new with my hair today, well Mom did.  It turned out pretty good!

"Hey, are we still coming over to my house tonight?" Chloe asked.  "Yeah." Tessa and I said, nodding in agreement.  We were all going over to Chloe's house before we went to dance.  Just as we finished our conversation, the bell rang.  "Alright guys, don't forget anyone who is in the 'Ramona and Beezus' play, your practices start next Monday when you come back from Thanksgiving break!" Miss Parish said as we got our bags.  I nodded, making a mental note to tell Mom about practices.

We all got on the bus and sat in the long seat at the back of the bus.  "So dance doesn't start for two hours once we get to my house, so what do you guys wanna do before we go?" Chloe asked.  "I was actually thinking about this over the weekend.  We should make a video for the YouTube channel.  The Amethyst Hearts will never end!" I said.  "Oh, good idea!  What song?" Tessa asked.  "Not sure...something Taylor Swift?  It's in our vocal range?" Chloe suggested.  "Mine?" I asked.  I really loved that song.

"Yes!" Tessa and Chloe said at the same time.  "We can record it in my backyard.  I can set up my camera and we can sing on the swinging bench.  It's right in front of all those really pretty flowers." Chloe said.  We nodded in agreement as Rowdy pulled up to Chloe's house.  "Later guys!" he said as we got off the bus.  He smiled as we waved bye to him and then we went up to Chloe's house.  "We're home mom!" Chloe yelled.  "Okay, I made you guys some cupcakes if you want." her mom said.  Like that was even a question!  We each grabbed one and ate it quickly, resulting in us getting blue frosting above our lip.

We wiped it off and Chloe got the camera and tripod.  We ran out to her backyard and it was so pretty!  There was so much green and popping colors.  I saw the swinging bench Chloe was talking about it.  "Here, let's go set up." Tessa said.  She started hooking up the tripod and camera and I was adjusting my voice.  "Okay, let's do a test run first.  So we have it all figured out for the camera." Chloe said.  "Everyone should get a solo part, and then we sing the chorus together." I suggested.  "Sounds good." Tessa said.  We picked the parts we wanted to sing together and who sang what solo.

"Hey guys!  It's the Amethyst Hearts here!  Today we are going to be singing 'Mine' by Taylor Swift.  We hope you enjoy it!" Tessa said when we started rolling the camera.  I hit play on the karaoke version I had opened up in YouTube, and turned the volume all the way up.  When the music started, we weren't afraid to start singing.

All: Oh, oh, oh
Oh, oh, oh

Tessa: You were in college, working part-time, waiting tables
Left a small town, never looked back
I was a flight risk, with a fear of fallin'
Wondering why we bother with love, if it never lasts

I say, "Can you believe it?"
As we're lyin' on the couch
The moment, I can see it
Yes, yes, I can see it now

All: Do you remember, we were sittin', there by the water?
You put your arm around me for the first time
You made a rebel of a careless man's careful daughter
You are the best thing, that's ever been mine

Chloe: Flash forward, and we're takin' on the world together
And there's a drawer of my things at your place
You learn my secrets and you figure out why I'm guarded
You say we'll never make my parents' mistakes

And we got bills to pay
We got nothin' figured out
When it was hard to take
Yes, yes
This is what I thought about

All: Do you remember, we were sittin' there, by the water?
You put your arm around me, for the first time
You made a rebel of a careless man's careful daughter
You are the best thing, that's ever been mine

Do you remember all the city lights on the water?
You saw me start to believe, for the first time
You made a rebel of a careless man's careful daughter
You are the best thing, that's ever been mine

Oh, oh, oh, oh

Genesis: And I remember that fight, two-thirty a.m.
'Cause everything was slipping right out of our hands
I ran out, crying, and you followed me out into the street

Braced myself for the goodbye,
'Cause that's all I've ever known
Then, you took me by surprise
You said, "I'll never leave you alone"

All: You said, "I remember how we felt, sitting by the water.
And every time I look at you, it's like the first time.
I fell in love with a careless man's careful daughter.
She is the best thing that's ever been mine."

You made a rebel of a careless man's careful daughter
You are the best thing, that's ever been mine!

"Thank you guys so much for watching this.  If you liked it, leave a comment or like this video.  We'll see you next time!  Bye guys!" I said when the song ended.  "That was an awesome video.  You really nailed your solo!" Tessa told me.  "Why thank you!" I said in a mock accent and pretended to flip my hair over my shoulder.  We laughed and then started being the crazy people we are.  First we uploaded the video and then we started practicing our gymnastics and dance stunts in the grass.

I was glad I had my leggings under my skirt, or Chloe's whole neighborhood would get a full frontal of my underwear.  But I started doing my round-off back handspring and actually landed it!  I never land it in front of the coaches of course!  "Hey girls!  Time to go to dance!" Chloe's mom yelled out the back door.  We all came out of the stunts and positions were doing and ran to the house.  We had to change into our dance outfits, which for me was a short unitard that was lime green, black, and zebra patterned.

We went into Chloe's room and quickly changed.  We didn't want to be late for dance!  "Alright you guys ready?" Chloe's mom asked when we met her at the door.  I had my water bottle in my hand and my school bag since I would be going home with mom after dance.  We all went to the garage and piled into the back of the car.  We pulled out of the driveway and Chloe's mom turned on the radio.

We all sang with Ke$ha to her song 'Die Young'.  "Let's make the most of the night, like we're gonna die young!" Chloe, Tessa, and I sang.  The dance studio wasn't far from the house, so we should be there in about ten minutes.  We stopped at an intersection and waited for the light to change color.  When it was green we started to pull across the way.

Then some crazy driver, who looked like they were drunk, came barreling across.  I felt my head whip back as their car collided with ours.  Tessa, Chloe and I grabbed hands as Chloe screamed for her mom, who hit her head.  Then we felt a movement.  The car was rolling!  We were crying and trying to undo the seat belts and get out but it was hopeless.  I just wanted my mom and my sisters!  I was crying with my friends as pain from the impact started to take it's toll on my body.  I could feel things getting dark as my eyes rolled back.

***

This chapter got very dark very quickly.  So...what do you guys think?  I have another big idea coming up that probably no one saw coming, and I haven't even hinted on it at all!  HAHAHAHA!  I hope you guys are enjoying this book.  Please comment ideas for short term events.  Like anything concerning Genesis, Stella, Tori, Jen, or any other characters.  Also if you leave a positive comment about this book, it will be included in the book's description.  So yeah that's going on.  I will probably not update much next week because my high school play is Thursday, Friday, and Saturday.  Plus we have Tech Week which means I will be at school till like 10pm every night.

So yeah, I'm done bye loves!