The Last Stop

May 15th

Genesis' POV

"I'm so ready for summer!" Jamie sighed as we put away our math books.  "Same.  My cousin got out yesterday, but we still have to go to school for two more weeks." Chloe groaned.  I rolled my eyes.  Her cousin goes to a private school so they get out early.  Lucky.  "Hey is your mom still gonna pick us up from my house to go to dance?" I asked Chloe.  "Yeah, she's gonna get us after work." she responded.  

It was oddly quiet in the room.  Miss Parish had a headache so the lights were mostly turned off.  Tessa was at home sick, so there were none of her scoffs or eye rolls from across the room at us.   "Hey guys, so you've been pretty good all day, and you dealt with me and my migraine, so for the last fifteen minutes of class you can talk.  Dull roar please." she said and turned one of the lights back on.

"So what are your guy's plans for the summer?" I asked.  "I'm going to Cuba for a week." Jamie said.  "LUCKY!" Chloe whisper-yelled.  "I'm going to a dance intensive for two weeks, and visiting my uncle in Lake Tahoe." Chloe said.  "How bout you?" Jamie turned to me and asked.  "Not sure.  My mom's coming home soon, and so I guess it's up in the air." I said.  An older girl, fifth grade I think, came into the room and handed Miss Parish a blue piece of paper.

"Jamie.  Note from the office, your mom is gonna pick you up in five minutes for a dentist appointment.  Get your stuff and go to the attendance office for dismissal." Miss Parish said reading the note.  "Crap." Jamie muttered.  "Bye guys." she said as she gathered her stuff and left.  "Bye." we said back to her.  "Ready to work on your solo tonight?" I asked Chloe.  "Not really.  It's contemporary, and I'm not that good at contemporary.  I don't look good on stage doing contemporary." she said.

"Well, if it makes you feel better.  My littlest sister is better at acro than me, and I've been doing acro twice as long as her." we chuckled.  "Yeah, one of the reasons I like being an only child.  There's no one to compare me to!" Chloe laughed.  "Yeah, and I have two younger sisters who think they are better at me than everything!" I said. 

"So have you heard anything about going to film the special features for Castle?" Chloe asked.  "No, nothing yet.  But there will sure be some funny bloopers!" I laughed, remembering all the crazy stuff that went down.  Lots of random dancing, lots of cursing adults, some funny mess-ups, and just stupid stuff caught on camera.  The one I knew they would use was when Nathan tried to challenge me in a dance-off.  I accepted and went for it, and while I danced he's just standing there starting at me.  It ends with him saying, "I quit!"

"You've gotta bring me to set one day!" Chloe said.  I had already made arrangements during Season 6 to have them stay with me in my trailer for a weekend.  "Totally." I said smiling.  I wanted to have them there soon, because Mom said that I was probably gonna do online schooling or have private teacher, since filming was going to be going on more and I would have to be there all week.  It was gonna be tough, but so worth it!  

"So my mom watched the Season Finale, which you were amazing in, and said that she wanted you to tell her what happens!" Chloe giggled.  "She's gotta wait!" I chuckled.  With that the bell rang, and we got up to get our stuff.  I pulled my backpack off the back of my chair and slung it on my back.  "Have a good day everyone.  I'll see you tomorrow!" Miss Parish called out, trying to be enthusiastic with her headache.  Chloe and I left the room and down the hall to the bus.

After we sat down in the front seat together we started talking about the dance competition in July.  "I have my solo figured out, but need to work on technique.  How bout you?" Chloe asked.  "I have my solo 'Classic', and it's okay.  I like it.  I don't have it all down though, I didn't get to practice my solo last week.  But Miss Abby said I get to practice it tonight." I said.  I was okay with my solo.  But I was really looking forward to the group dance.\

"We have costume fittings for the group dance tonight!" Chloe squealed.  "No way!  Really?" I asked.  The group dance for July's competition was 'Call it Whatever' and we saw the costumes and they were adorable!  "How'd you find out?" I asked.  "We follow the company on Facebook." Chloe said, referring to her mother's account.  "Yeah, that would be why.  My mom doesn't have like any social media for herself.  She runs Stella's modeling account on Facebook, and technically has to monitor or 'own' my Instagram, but that's about it.

We were silent the rest of the ride mostly.  Chloe was reading her book and I was writing new music.  I had been doing a lot of that lately, I had three new songs written and I was gonna release an EP soon!  I'm so excited for that.  I was actually working on a soon that I started while we were on the 'Castle' set.  It was about my character, like her story and everything about her.  I had Jamie help me since she writes music too, and so far it's not too bad.

We finally were almost at where I got off, Chloe was gonna come home with me and then her mom was gonna take us to dance.  Since I was the first one on, I was always the last one off.  Which was sometimes a good thing, and a bad thing.  We were about a thirty seconds away from my house, so Chloe and I started to pull our bags onto our backs.  We were in front of our house and Rosco still wasn't slowing down.  He didn't slow down at all, he blew right past my house.

"Um wasn't that?" Chloe stuttered.  "Yeah it was." I said as Rosco continued driving.  Did he think we weren't on?  But he didn't go to Chloe's stop because he knew she was going home with me.  "Hey Rosco.  You missed my house." I said leaning up.  He didn't say anything so I thought he didn't hear me.  "Rosco!  You missed-" I was cut off by him shoving me back.  "Ow!" I cried out.  "You okay?" Chloe asked as I twitched my nose.  

"Rosco, what's going on?!" Chloe yelled.  "Let us off now!" I yelled, not caring that we were now far from my house.  He stopped the bus abruptly and got out of his seat.  He had a rag in his hand, and I had been in enough 'Castle' to freak out!  I started pushing Chloe out of the seat and move to the back of the bus.  I had an idea.  We open the escape door in the back of the bus and haul!  That idea was cut short when a hand went around my mouth.  It was a rag and I tried not to breath in.  

Chloroform.  

But I was panicking and breathing heavy, as was Chloe.  We turned to each other with fear in our eyes.  I was thinking about everyone and everything.  I was terrified.  Chloe started to have her head bob and eyes droop.  I could feel the same fuzziness starting to overcome me as I fought.  Rosco had dropped the cloth and I thought I might be able to fight it.  He went back to his seat and I heard the bus rumble back to life.

I was taking deep breaths and trying to regain my composure.  But I was failing.  I knew I was about to pass out any second, as Chloe just had.  All I could think about was my mom and my sisters.  No, not like this.  I'm not gonna die like this.  I'm not gonna lose the fight.  I won't let him win.  But right now, Rosco was.

He was abducting me and Chloe, and there was nothing I could do about it.

End of Book 1