Welcome Home

Genesis' POV

"This is your house?!" I yelled.  I was in shock and awe.  A gigantic house took up a huge amount of space and was tucked away at the end of an LA street.  It had beautiful green palm trees surrounding it.  A pool in the back yard, it looked beyond gorgeous!  "We're gonna live here?" Stella said excitedly.  "Girls, welcome home!" Jen said happily.  She looked at us in the back seat and smiled.  I wanted to get out and look around so bad!  "What are you guys waiting for?  Let's go in!" Jen said happily.  She came around and undid Stella's seat belt while I did mine.

We grabbed our bags (and then some) and went up to the door.  "Close your eyes.  I'm gonna open the door and tell you when to open them." she said.  I closed my eyes and covered Stella's with my hand, knowing she wouldn't.  I heard Jen jingle the door open and I could hear a little bit of barking.  Did she have a dog?!  I loved dogs!  "Copper, no!  Quiet girl." she whisper shouted.  I giggled and so did Stella.  "Okay, step up." Jen said and we stepped up and she carefully led us and the bags into the house.

"Alright, open!" Jen said excitedly.  I flashed my eyes open and pulled my hand away from Stella's eyes.  We were in shock and awe.  This house was gorgeous!  Polished wooden floors, leather couches, Persian rugs, granite counters, and as I predicted...the cutest Beagle puppy ever!  "Guys, welcome home!  This is Copper, who you may have already heard." Jen said picking up the dog.  Stella giggled as the puppy started licking her hand.

"Come on, let's go look at your rooms!" Jen said happily.  She led us upstairs and two rooms had the doors closed.  On one door it had a plaque that said 'Genesis' and the other said 'Stella'.  I carefully placed my hand on the door knob and was almost afraid to turn it.  I pushed the door in and was shocked.  I almost started crying.  This room was gorgeous!  There was the bedroom and then there was a floor-length curtain that was opened to show an alcove that had been turned into a desk area and storage space.  Then off to the side was a walk in closet.

"Oh my God!  Thank you!" I squealed running back and hugging Jen.  "Your welcome sweetie.  Go ahead and start putting your stuff in here.  I'm gonna show Stella her room." Jen said picking Stella up and carrying her down the hall.  I took the three suitcases with my things and started unzipping them.  I carried the bag with my clothes into the closet.  I put the clothes on the hangers and organized them.

I heard Stella start laughing  from down the hall.  I smiled, but got a little afraid.  I didn't want Jen to take over and try to be our mom.  She was like a friend, not a mom.  I couldn't judge her though.  She was taking care of us.  She was gonna be a pretty cool friend to have around.

Jen came back to my room about twenty minutes later as I was putting my empty suitcase in my closet.  "Are you done?" she asked.  "Yep!" I said happily.  "Alright, well I was gonna take you guys out for a girls day.  Sound fun?" Jen asked.  "Yeah!" I said happily.  "Come here Stella!" Jen yelled and Stella ran and jumped into her arms.  "Come on!  Let's go!" Jen said happily.  "Jenny!  We still in our PJs!" Stella said giggling.  I pointed to my polka dot pajamas and laughed.  "Oh yeah, whoops!" Jen said laughing.  "Well get dressed and then we can go!" she said.

I went to the closet where all the clothes I had just put in there were.  I picked out a pink flannel shirt, a white tank top, a pair of jean shorts, and my pink and rhinestone cowboy boots.  I changed out of my pajamas into the other clothes.  I got my pair of crew socks and then my boots on my feet.  I looked at myself in the mirror an decided that I needed to do something with my hair.  But I was ten, I couldn't do much.  Ponytails, and that was pretty much it.  Eh, brush it and leave it down.

I ran a brush through my hair and winced a little when I got to a tangle.  When I was done I went to Stella's bedroom where Jen was helping her get ready.  I hadn't seen Stella's room and it was so pretty!  It looked like a princess lived there, well Stella DID think she WAS a princess.  Her bed looked like a castle and it was so cool!  I wasn't jealous, but it was really cool!  Stella was wearing a blue dress with a white sweater and white shoes.  "You look pretty Stella." I complimented.  Jen turned her head and said, "Oh wow!  You look really pretty too!"I blushed and then asked, "So what do you have in mind for a 'girls day'?"   

Jen twirled her finger around her short hair and said, "Well...that's a surprise!  Go downstairs and we'll be there in a minute."  I nodded and went down the stairs, careful not to trip.  Jen and Stella were only a few feet behind me, so I didn't have to wait.  Copper came running over to me, slipping and sliding on the hardwood floors.  "Come here puppy!" I called, and she slid into my arms.  I picked her up and laughed as she licked my face.  "Alright ladies, I have everything planned.  Let's go have a girls day!" Jen yelled.  And for the second time today, we piled back into the car with a surprise waiting for us.

***

So shorter chapter.  What do you think?  Like it?  Love it?  (I like it, I love it, I want some more of it.  I try so hard...oh *ahem* sorry bout that.  Random country music outburst.)  Comment if you have ideas for future chapters or characters.  Guess what could happen on the 'girls day'.  Cause I'm not sure really what they're gonna do. LOL