Thanksgiving

(As far as the outfits: Genesis wears #4, Stella wears #5, Tori wears #6)

Genesis' POV

It's Thanksgiving today.  It's all of our first holiday with the Lawrence family.  Mama and Papa Lawrence have met Tori through FaceTime calls but not in real life.  I'm getting dressed right now into my dress.  It has a brownish skirt with a long sleeved white shirt on top.  I'm also gonna wear my jean vest, because it looks really cute!  When I got into my dress, I found my mid-thigh socks and stepped into them.  As I put my last sock on, I hopped around looking for my brown combat boots.

"Genesis?  Can you come down and help me?" mom yelled from downstairs.  "Coming!" I yelled back as I used a few bobby pins to hold some of my hair back.  When I was done, I went downstairs to see mom in the kitchen, Stella coloring, and Tori making hand turkeys for everyone. "Whatcha need?" I asked as I sat on a bar stool.  "I was wondering if you are up to the challenge of...making this." she said as if it were very serious.  When in reality, it was instant stuffing.  "I think I'm ready for the challenge." I said with my serious voice.

I took the mix and turned it over to read the instructions.  Really?  Just add water?  I got out the mixing bowl and measuring cup.  One cup of water and the whole bag of stuffing mix.  I poured everything into the mixing bowl and took the spoon to it.  When it was at the right consistency I asked, "Now what?"  "Um...just put it in that pan.  I have to bake it." mom said.  I flipped the bowl over into the pan, and the stuffing landed with a loud 'plop'.

"Thanks sweetie." she said.  I figured with that I was done.  Until the door bell rang.  "I'll get it!" I yelled as I raced to the door.  I stood on my toes to see out the peep-hole.  "It's Mama and Papa Lawrence!" I said excitedly.  I opened the door and enveloped them into a hug.  "Hi Genny girl!" Papa Lawrence said.  "Happy Thanksgiving sweetheart!" Mama Lawrence said.  "Happy Thanksgiving!" I said happily.  I let them in the door and they went to say 'hi' to Tori and Stella.

"Oh, we have surprises for you girls!" Papa Lawrence said.  "Yay!" we all said, including Mom.  "Not you Jennifer." Mama Lawrence said, making me and my sisters laugh.  "Let me go get it." Papa Lawrence said.  I helped Mama Lawrence put her stuff down, while Stella and Tori waited at the door for Papa Lawrence to return from his car.  When he came back in, I admit, I was a little excited.  He had a large red bag with three boxes sticking out the top.  "You coming or what, G?" he asked.  I giggled and ran over to him.

"For Stella, Tori, and Genesis." he said as he handed each box to us.  I saw Mama Lawrence had her video camera out.  This must be pretty cool.  As we each opened ours, I tried to contain my excitement.  I took off the red wrapping paper and saw a beautiful American Girl Doll!  "It's Saige!" I squealed.  "Thank you guys so much!" I said happily.  "Emily!  She looks like me!" Tori said as she held up the box.  "Kit!  She looks like me too!" Stella said.  All of the dolls looked like us.  "Thank you so much!" we all said as we hugged both Mama and Papa Lawrence.  

"Well, we missed birthdays for this year so here you are!" Mama Lawrence said.  Was true, my birthday is Valentine's Day, Stella's is the Summer Solstice, and Tori's is April 1st.  "And that's not all..." Papa Lawrence said as he took out three smaller boxes.  I opened mine and gasped.  It had Saige's dog, pajamas, dress, and sweater outfit.  "Thank you guys!  I love her!" I said.  They smiled and said 'You're welcome.'

"Dinner's ready!  Where are the boys?" Mom asked.  "They said they would be right behind us..." Papa Lawrence said.  As soon as he said it, there was the knock on the door and there was Uncle Ben with Aunt Sarah with our cousin Cody and Uncle Blaine.  "Hey guys!" Uncle Ben said as he set Cody down.  I was his favorite, so he ran over to me and hugged me.  "G-G!" he said happily, making everyone 'aww'.

About twenty minutes later we were all eating dinner.  It was really good!  I don't know how mom got so good at cooking, it was actually edible!  She said she couldn't cook worth a crap, but this was really good.  It's still kinda weird to remember that this is my family.  There are still some nights that I cry myself to sleep thinking of my mom and dad, but mama is always there to comfort me when I cry.  You do eventually forget about them, but they never are gone.  It's like they are always with me.

When we finished dinner, Mama Lawrence brought out the dessert, which was a big cake in the shape and decorated to look like a turkey.  "And Sarah, I don't care about any old diet.  You're having some." Mama Lawrence told Aunt Sarah.  Aunt Sarah giggled and took a piece.  When I got mine I started eating it, and OMG it was so good!  "This is really good!" I commented.

When we finished eating I went to play with Saige.  I loved her hair most, I had taken it out of the braid and brushed it.  She had the most beautiful curls ever!  I was gonna change her into the pajamas when I went to bed.  It was about seven o' clock when everyone had to leave to get back to hotels.  We said goodbye and then flopped on the couch.  "So...I have my own surprises for you girls." Mom said.  "Really!  There's more?!" Stella asked.  "Yep.  I have a very important note for you girls.  Gen?  Care to read it to your sisters?" Mom asked as she handed me a golden envelope.

"Dear Lawrence Girls,

I am so blessed to have daughters as amazing as you.  You three have proved to me that there is joy and magic in the world.  And what place has the most magic in the whole world?  Disney World!  Next month for Christmas Break, I will be taking you three to the happiest place on Earth, Disney World!" I read out loud.  I stopped to scream with my sisters in excitement.  "Thank you, thank you, thank you!" we screamed as we tackled her in hugs.  "That's not all!" she said as she wheeled out three suitcases from behind her.

One had Minnie Mouse on it, the other two had a collection of Disney Princesses on them.  "These are filled with Disney themed clothes to wear on our trip!" mom said.  "Can we look?" Tori asked.  "Go ahead, but you have to put everything back." Mom said.  Mine was the Minnie Mouse suitcase.  I opened it and saw a whole bunch of cool Disney clothes, they looked cute but cool at the same time.  "I love you guys." she said as she bent down to hug us all.  We hugged her back and I had this thought for the third time today.

I couldn't have asked for a better and more perfect adoptive mom and sisters.

****

HEY GUYS!  Hope you enjoyed this chapter!  I have a snow day so I've been able to update a lot.  Do you guys have any ideas for what happens in Disney?  Again this will be around Christmas.  Have any of you guys been to Disney?  I did in the summer of 2013.  I loved it and it really is the happiest place on Earth.  I have a really big idea to end this book with.  I think I'm gonna end this book around 75 or 80 chapters.  Any ideas you want to tell me?  Should they meet anyone in Disney World?  What about some more Joshifer in the story?  You tell me!  Leave it in the comments guys!  Love ya!