First Day (Part 2)

(The pic is of Tessa and Chloe)

Genesis' POV

Tessa, Chloe, and I walked into a room that had brick walls and had posters of every design and color plastered everywhere.  "Woah, she looks like she's gonna be fun." I commented.  "No kidding." Chloe said.  "Here, we may not have a seating chart yet.  Let's get seats with each other!" Tessa said as we scrambled to a round table with three chairs.  We all talked for a few minutes and exchanged phone numbers in our iPods.  Of course we could only text each other with them.  More kids came in.  Some with pride and swagger, others a little more timid and shy.  I was a little nervous in a new school, but I was excited too!  Everyone got to a chair as the bell rang.

"Hello everyone!  I'm Miss Parish, welcome to fourth grade!" said the teacher as she walked in with the bell.  She was a little shorter than the normal woman, light skin, and short brown hair, like she was in her early thirties.  "So to start off, we are going to take attendance and when I call your name, please stand up say 'My name is...' and something about yourself." Miss Parish said.  Tessa, Chloe, and I were all sitting at a table.  They were round table with three chairs at them, so it was perfect!

"First, Chloe Abbring?"  Miss Parish asked.  Chloe stood up and said, "My name is Chloe Abbring, and something about me is I love dancing."  Miss Parish nodded.  "Alright...Mike Brown?" she asked.  A boy with blonde hair said that something about him was that he had a snake named Patrick.  Some kids were grossed out by that.  I was intrigued.  I kinda liked snakes.  Miss Parish went through the rest of the names.  "Genesis Lawrence?" she asked."My name is Genesis Lawrence, and I uh...love music." I said and sat down quickly.  I didn't want to say anything about Jen just yet.  What if Tessa and Chloe didn't want to be my friend anymore because I was Jen's kid?  

"Wait, Lawrence like Jennifer Lawrence?" Tessa asked in a low whisper so only Chloe and I heard.  "Uh-yeah." I said quietly.  "Cool!  I love Jennifer Lawrence, but I haven't seen many of her movies." Tessa gushed.  "She's a really good actress!" Chloe commented.  "Tessa Smith?" Miss Parish asked.  Tessa shot up like a firecracker.  "I'm Tessa Smith and I am spontaneous!  And I love dancing!" Tessa exclaimed, stretching her arms out and doing jazz hands.  which made everyone chuckle a bit, even Miss Parish.  "Nice to know Tessa." she said smiling.  She went through a few more names and then we met everyone.  

"Alright, so let's get this out of the way.  I'm gonna be the best teacher you've ever had!  I have old students come back and say they never had a more fun teacher than me.  So hopefully you will like me as much as they did.  So how about we start with something easy and fun?  I'm gonna pass out these 'All About Me' posters.  Fill them out and then use the crayons, markers, and colored pencils in the middle of your table to make it colorful.  I'm gonna give you guys about a half hour to do this.  And away we go!" Miss Parish exclaimed.  She passed out the sheets and it had a big and colorful border with little drawings all around it to be colored in.  I looked at the questions and thought them through carefully.

Full name: Genesis Carlie Patterson-Lawrence

Parent's names: Jennifer Lawrence

Age: 10

Any pets: No

Any siblings: My little sister Stella

Favorite sport: Soccer and dance

Favorite activity: Drawing, reading, and listening to music

Special talents: Singing and writing music

Interesting/Unusual facts: I lost my real parents in a fire.  I was adopted by Jennifer Lawrence.

I wrote out all the answers.  Tessa had started coloring in her poster with a hot pink marker.  Chloe was finishing her answers.  I picked up a yellow colored pencil and colored in the sun.  I started coloring the border after that with a blue marker.  When Miss Parish called for us to stop, I was already done.  Tessa had been done for a few minutes, and Chloe finished with me.  "Alright, let's see them.  Hold them up!" Miss Parish exclaimed.  We held up our posters and Miss Parish smiled.

We all talked about the stuff we had on our posters.  When I mentioned Jen, people didn't go as crazy as I thought.  One girl rolled her eyes.  She probably thought I was lying.  Oh well.  That kid Mike asked if it was the same Jennifer Lawrence as the famous Jennifer Lawrence.  I giggled and answered 'yes'.  Then more kids started asking questions about her.  "Alright, let's save the press conference for later." Miss Parish said smiling.  The rest of the day went pretty well.  At lunch Tessa, Chloe, and I all sat with each other.  We all brought our lunches and kinda made faces at the school lunches.  They did not look edible!  Just saying!

After lunch we went outside for recess.  That's when I saw Maggie.  She must have saw and recognized me too.  "Hey twerp." she said as she pushed me down.  I gritted my teeth and stood up to brush off my shorts as she strided away.  That's when Tessa said something.  "We aren't afraid of you Margret!" she yelled.  Maggie turned around and stared Tessa down.  Tessa crossed her arms and stood strong.  "It's MAGGIE!  And you better never say that again!" she said, getting all up in Tessa's face.  "Then leave me and my friends alone." Tessa said.

Maggie just stormed away.  "Tessa?  You just stood up to Maggie!" Chloe exclaimed.  "Best friends gotta stick up for each other!" she said and we all group hugged.  "So Genesis..." Tessa started.  "You guys can call me Gen or Genny.  That's what everyone else calls me." I told her.  "Oh Genny sounds cute!  So Genny!  You said on your poster that you like dancing?" Tessa said.  "Yeah, I did jazz for a while." I said.  "OMG!  I love jazz dance!" Chloe said.  "You should come to open dance night at our studio.  We get the studio to go crazy in.  We can practice routines, make up our own, anything we want.  You should totally come!" Tessa said."Sounds fun!  I'll ask and tell you later." I said.  

The bell rang, signaling for us to come back to class.  Two more hours and my first day of fourth grade will be over!  It was pretty good though.  I made two best friends, made an enemy and my friend stood up for me, I have a really nice teacher, no one went insane about the Jennifer Lawrence thing, and I might get to hang out with my friends at a dance studio!  Right now, it was all looking like a pretty good first day!

***

Woop woop!  I updated twice in one night!  I hope you all enjoyed it.  Any ideas?  Character suggestions?  I want to thank my personal experience for the inspiration of Maggie, Tessa, and Chloe.  If you would like the story on that, please ask in the comments.  Tell what you think should happen or what you think will happen!  Love ya'll!