Back to School

*Genesis Carlie Lawrence is now played by Tegan Marie*

Genesis' POV

I didn't want to get up this morning, trying to put it off.  Grandma Lawrence took Mom to the airport this morning around four in the morning.  I said goodbye to her last night, but it was still gonna feel weird, waking up everyday and going to school without her downstairs.  I looked over at my alarm clock, the bus was gonna be here in a half hour.  I guess I can't sleep in any longer.  I pushed the blankets off my body and saw Bella snoozing by my door.

I went to my dresser and looked for something to wear.  I decided to keep it simple.  I grabbed my zebra print shirt, regular jeans, and a purple jacket.  I slipped on my purple Vans and looked at my hair.  It was normal.  A little wavy, but it was gonna be good for the day after I brushed it out.  I put a tiny bit of blush and mascara on to dress it up a bit and then was good to go.

I trudged downstairs.  It seemed so empty.  Stella and Tori didn't go back to Preschool for another few days, so they were still asleep.  Grandma Lawrence was asleep from having to take Mom to the airport, so I was the only one awake right now.  I made a quick freezer waffle and ate it plain as I gathered the stuff I needed for school.  I had my iPod in my back pocket and backpack slung on my shoulder as I walked out the door.  "Bye everyone." I mumbled as I left.

I walked down to the bus stop and waited for Rosco.  He should be here in a few minutes.  I decided to kill time and check out anything on my iPod.  I unlocked it and saw the screen with the picture of me, Chloe, and Tessa at a dance competition.  I wonder if Tessa will be back for school now.  Well, I guess I'll find out if she gets on the bus or not.  Unless her Mom would bring her in to school.  Whatever, Rosco's here anyways.

I got on the bus silently and took a set in the back.  I waited the three stops for Chloe to get on, and so did Tessa!  I smiled and leaned up so they could see me.  They smiled and sat in the seat next to me.  "Hey!  You're back!" I said happily.  "Yep!  And I have my full memory back!  It's awesome.  I woke up a couple days ago and it was like everything came back to me!" Tessa said excitedly.  I was so happy to have Tessa back.  It was kinda like a 'lose one and win one' situation.

When we got to the school, we took our time getting to class.  We weren't in a rush.  Plus people wanted to talk to Tessa and make sure she was alright, and find out what happened, and all that stuff.  When we made it to the class room we saw Miss Parish talking with someone that I didn't recognize.  It was a girl with short blonde hair and pretty blue eyes.  I saw Miss Parish point over to an empty seat at our table.  The girl turned around and she was really pretty.

She came over and timidly set her stuff down next to us

She came over and timidly set her stuff down next to us.  "Hi.  I'm Jamie.  I'm new here.  I moved a few weeks ago." She said.  "Hi!  I'm Genesis.  This is Tessa and Chloe." I said introducing all of us.  Tessa and Chloe nodded at her and then went back to talking about dance and gymnastics.  I felt that was a little rude.  I mean, Jamie is new here.  Show her a little friendliness.  Well, time to make small talk.

"So Jamie, what do you like to do?" I asked leaning my chin in my palm.  "I like singing, and playing the ukulele.  But we just moved into this big brick house with a pool, so I'm probably gonna be swimming a lot too." she said, smiling.  "Wait, is the house next to yours brick with four pillars in the front, and a big garden and pool in the back?" I questioned.  "With purple flowers surrounding the pool?  Yeah." Jamie said.  "Oh my God, that is so cool!  You moved into our old neighbor's house.  You must have moved in while my family was in Florida." I said.  "That's so cool!" Jamie said.

"So what about you?  What you all about Gen?  Can I call you that?" Jamie asked.  "Yeah sure!  I like singing, playing my guitar, dancing, gymnastics, acting, and I really like cooking." I told her.  I was kinda gonna try to leave out the whole 'Jennifer Lawrence is my Mom thing' for as long as I could.  "I like cooking too!  We should hang out and bake cookie or something." Jamie suggested.  "That sounds like it'd be fun!  But beware of the little sister monsters." I teased.

The bell rang and the day had to continue as normal.  I had kinda forgotten that mom was gone.  I had Tessa back to her old self, I found out that a new friend was living next door to me, and Miss Parish just announced something about a school talent show!  That I am so excited for.  Maybe this change is gonna be a good thing.  I made some new friends and so far everything is looking alright.

***

I'M BACKKKKKK!!!!

Hey guys, I am so sorry for my absence.  Be ready for a ton of chapters though!  I will try to finish this book by the end of June and get book 2 out by the end of July.  There's only about ten chapters left or so!  As you can see, I made a character change.  Genesis is now played by Tegan Marie, as someone pointed out that she and the girl who plays Stella look more alike.  

Also, the girl Jamie is played by Grace Vanderwaal.  She was on America's Got Talent the other night and is so super talented!  She got the Golden Buzzer from Howie!  I highly recommend you watch her audition on YouTube.  Anyways, thank you guys so much for waiting, and I promise that the wait is now OVER!