Stella's Ultimate

Stella's POV

Pageant Day!

Today Genny and I get to dress up like we're princesses!  I was really excited.  I'm not really sure what a pageant is, but Mommy said it was like modeling, except we have to remember the routines.  I kinda remember the routines.  I remember all of beauty and swimsuit.  The swimsuit one is really fun!  I get to do the snorkel move and get to wear my sparkly swimsuit.  It was a two piece and was pink and had a ton of sparkles!  I also got to wear my heart shaped sunglasses and cute flip flops.  Outfit of choice was hard to remember though.

In outfit of choice, Mommy said I was gonna be a Valley Girl.  She said it's like an 80's hip hop girl.  It's also what I was going to wear for crowning  I hoped that I would win a really big crown or trophy!  We got to the hotel last night after school and Mommy went crazy making sure we had everything for the pageant.  She said that she was worried we forgot the flippers.  Apparently a flipper is like fake teeth.  You put them over your real teeth to give a big and full smile.  I thought they were like swimming flippers.

It's kinda early right now.  Georgina is doing my makeup and I keep yawning.  "Jen, she's gonna fall asleep." Georgina said.  Mommy came over to me and had a straw in her drink.  "Stella baby I need you to drink some of this.  It'll wake you up." she said.  I drank through the straw and felt a kick.  That drink must have had a lot of sugar in it.  Mommy says that sugar wakes you up.  "You got the bag of Pixie Stixs right Josh?" Mommy asks Josh.  "Right here." he said holding up the colorful bag.

"Mama!  Stella has to be in the ballroom for line up in thirty minutes!" Genny said as she ran in.  She had curlers in her hair with all her makeup done.  "Okay!  Georgina could we do anything to make this go faster?" Mommy asked.  "Could you start putting her flipper, eyelashes, and jewelry on?" Georgina asked.  Mommy got my flipper out of the box and told me to open my mouth real big.  I opened and she pushed the flipper on my teeth.  I smiled and she said it looked like real teeth.

She put the jewelry on with no trouble form me, but when she had to do my eyelashes...I didn't like it.  I let her do it, but it made my eyes feel weird.  By the time Mommy had my eyelashes on, Georgina had finished my hair.  She had to use fake hair since I had short hair.  "Okay dress time!" Georgina said quickly.  I had a light blue and white dress with my white socks and shoes.

"Up next contestant number 15, Stella!" I walked up on stage and looked for Georgina.  She was gonna show me the routine in the back in case I forgot.  I went to my first spot and looked at all the judges.  I drew a heart around my face and blew a kiss for the judges.  I did my cutie wave to the judges and sassy smile.  The judges smiled at me as I did the rest of my routine.  I didn't even need Georgina's help that much!  When my routine was done, I waved to the judges an stepped off stage.  

"You did so good!  Now you gotta go with Georgina and get ready for your swimwear." Mommy said.  I went back to the room with Georgina while Mommy waited downstairs for Genny to go on.  I went with Georgina and she got me out of my dress and re-did my hair and makeup for my swimwear.  I was excited for this one, but really wanted to do my Valley Girl routine!  After swimwear I can!

*End of Pageant Competition*

I rocked that stage!  We just finished watching sissy do her outfit of choice routine.  She did a western routine and her song was 'Born to Boogie' by Hank Williams Jr., and it was cool!  My Valley Girl routine was to 'That's What Girls Do' by the band No Secrets.  Since sissy was the last contestant, that means it's time for crowning!  I really hope I win a crown and trophy!

When they called my age group in crowning I got the little prizes, which were little trophies and crowns, for 'Prettiest Dress', 'Best Hair', 'Best Outfit of Choice', and 'Beautiful Smile'.  But I wanted to win the trophy they had on stage for the divisional supreme.  They said divisional supreme was 'Harper Taylor'.  I didn't get a crown!  "Mommy, do I get a bigger crown?" I asked, hopeful that I would.  "Yeah, you didn't get called so you get a big crown and trophy." Georgina said.  I did a happy squeal while we waited for Genny to go up.  She didn't get a crown either! Well she did get a crown and trophy for 'Prettiest Eyes'.   We were both getting big crowns!

"Your 7-10 year old Grand Supreme is...Number 78 Genesis Lawrence!" they called.  I clapped my hands while they crowned sissy.  She got a trophy that was as tall as me, a big crown, the sash, a big stuffed puppy, a gift bag full of candy, and they gave her money!  She looked very pretty with all that stuff.  Like she was a real princess!  "When do I get called?" I asked.  "Almost Stella.  They should say your name soon." Genny said.  I nodded and looked back at the stage.

"And finally, your Ultimate Grand Supreme is...Stella Lawrence!" the guy said.  Mommy, Josh, Genny, and Georgina screamed as I went up there.  "Congratulations Stella, you have won the highest title here tonight!  You have won the five foot tall trophy, mega-crown, your sash, FurReal Friend Pony, five hundred dollars cash, candy bag, and the American Girl Store shopping spree card for five hundred dollars!" I smiled really big while the ladies on stage decorated me with the crown and sash.

I had to hold up my crown cause it was a little too big for my head.  I looked at the stuff they were putting around me.  They handed me the money and I held it and smiled big for the camera that was taking pictures for the pageant.  When we were done, everyone had to help carry the crowns, trophies, and prizes up to the hotel room, cause we were gonna stay another night.  "You did awesome girls!" Mommy said.  "How about celebration McDonalds?" Josh asked.  "Yeah!" Sissy and I yelled.  We changed into our regular clothes first and then went across the street from the hoteland got McDonalds.

I was happy that I won the big crown and trophy, but I just wanted to go back to the hotel and swim!

***

Okay, so how many of us are Stella.  "I like winning, but I like McDonalds too."  She is definitely me!  LOL!  So this was just a filler chapter leading up to before Genesis goes to Nashville.  Hope you guys enjoyed it.  Leave a comment about your thoughts on this book.  

Follow me, I follow back.

BTW: Over 1K reads on this book and almost 1.5K reads on my Taylor Swift book?!  

YOU GUYS ROCK!!!