Princess G-G

Genesis' POV

Today we are going to the pageant store to get out glitz dresses and figure out something for outfit of choice and swimwear.  I kinda forgot how much I loved doing pageants.  After I quit pageants was when I became kind of a tomboy.  I love the glitz and glamour of being in pageants and can't wait to do it again!  We pulled up to 'Posh Princess' and I was really excited.  Jen-er, Mama rented out the place so we would have the place to ourselves and get private fittings.

"Hi guys!" said the lady when we came in.  I was on one side of Mama and Stella was on the other.  The whole ride here she was so excited to do pageants.  This is her first one, but she's gonna be a pro in no time.  I think I might want to keep doing them after this one.  It depends.  "My name is Kelli, I'm gonna get you guys ready for the pageant!" she said.  "Alright, I don't now anything about this.  You're gonna have to help me figure everything out." Mama said.

Kelli had another lady with her, Tamara.  I went with Kelli while Mama and Stella went with Tamara.  Kelli was also gonna be my pageant coach.  I knew a lot of the basic moves and stuff, but it had been a while since I did pageants.  There might be some new stuff I can learn.  "You are so pretty." Kelli said as she held different colors up to my arm.  "Thank you." I giggled.  "It looks like your colors are dark colors.  Blue, purple, maybe even a black dress. Be a little different." Kelli said.  

I followed her back to the dresses and saw a gorgeous dress.  "That one!" I said pointing to the short purple cupcake dress.  "You know when I was thinking about your colors, this was the dress I thought of." she said as she pulled down the dress.  "Let's see if it fits." she said as she took me to the dressing room.  She helped me lace up the dress and I looked in the mirror.  "Mama!  Come look!" I yelled.  She came back to where I was and gasped.  "Oh you look beautiful!" she said as I turned around slowly.

"The dress fits perfectly, now we just need a swimsuit and outfit of choice." Kelli said.  She took me back and put the dress in a garment bag.  She put it by the register and we had to start thinking about outfit of choice.  "We want you to stand out and be different.  It's a California Dollz pageant.  I've coached before and a lot of girls do like Shirley Temple or something cliche.  How about...Western?" Kelli asked.  I smiled.  I did a Western Wear when I was in pageants, and I loved it.

"Yeah." I said nodding.  Kelli got out an outfit that screamed 'Ultimate Grand Supreme'.  It was white and had pink fringe and rhinestones everywhere!  I'm not typically a girly-girl but this was my guilty pleasure.  It had the shirt, a pair of shorts, wrist tassels, boots, even a sparkly hat.  I was going to be the total package.  Stella came out in a white and light blue dress.  She looked so pretty.  "You look gorgeous Stella!" I said as I hugged her.

"Thank you." she said as she curtsied.  I giggled as she went o go figure out her swimwear, for she already had picked out her outfit of choice.  "Alright, swimwear." Kelli said.  She took me to the rows and rows of swimwear.  I wanted a two piece.  I felt one pieces wouldn't impress the judges.  God, look at me being all girly and competitive.  Well, I always was competitive, just not so girly about it.  I wanted a blue swimsuit.  I had the purple dress and the pink western wear, girly colors.  Now I needed a good color to contrast them with.

"Two piece and blue.  Let's see what we have..." Kelli said as we looked at the blue swimsuits in my size.  A slim and good looking 10.  We finally found the right one.  A two piece suit that had the girly frills and the turquoise color that was sure to stand out.  Kelli said she may want to add extra rhinestones to it.  It sparkled, but may need a little more to let the judges remember it.  We then shopped for shoes for Beauty and Swimwear.  My outfit of choice had the boots to go with.  We picked the white Mary Jane shoes with the frilly white socks and a pair of sparkly turquoise flip flops for swimwear.

We finally had all the outfits for the pageant picked.  After we paid the total (of 4,000 dollars!) Kelli and Tamala were talking to me and Stella about glitz photos and practicing routines.  "Okay G-G, your gonna start practicing routines in a few days.  Jennifer, how does Wednesday sound?" Kelli said.  "Yeah, that's fine.  You leave for school break Wednesday.  We can come after school and then set up days from there." Mama said as she placed her hand on my shoulder.

I was going on school break next Wednesday and today was Sunday.  It would be the end of our first quarter.  The pageant was November 9th.  It was almost exactly one week after the LA premier of Catching Fire!  I was really excited for November.  I only really needed to create and perfect a routine for outfit of choice and swimwear.  Beauty was pretty easy to make a routine for.  We hung around at the pageant store a little longer just to think about what to do for glitz pictures.  Finally we left.  I wanted to go home, I was tired.

We had spent pretty much the entire day at the pageant store.  It was six pm when we left.  "You guys wanna get something to eat?" Mama asked.  "Can we order from home?  I'm tired." I asked.  "Me too Mommy." Stella said as she leaned her head on her seat belt.  "Yeah sure.  How's pizza sound?" she asked.  We both nodded and I leaned on my window, watching the world whiz by.

When we got home, Mama placed the order and I went to go take a shower.  I cleaned myself up with my raspberry scented shampoo, conditioner, and body wash.  I smelt kinda like a fruit salad when I was done.  The warmth of the shower had made me extra tired.  I got dressed into a pair of fluffy pink-zebra pajamas.  I picked up my stuffed puppy of that really cute Pomeranian dog, Boo, and carried it downstairs.  Mama was getting the pizza from the guy and we went to the table.

She had known to get two pizzas.  Her favorite, pepperoni.  And our favorite, ham and pineapple.  Only a little conversation was made while we ate.  We we all pretty tired.  Stella started to fall asleep at the table, so Mama carried her to bed.  I finished my food before wanting to go to bed.  At this time it was 7:30 pm.  Kinda early for a girl my age to go to sleep.  But that means I could be up early to get ready for school tomorrow.

I went to my room and made sure my school bag was packed and my outfit was ready.  I had all my homework finished so I wouldn't have to rush on the bus tomorrow.  Mama came into my room as I turned on my music to fall asleep to.  "Hey pretty girl." she said as I went to my 'Quiet Country Music' playlist.  I said hi and then got into my bed as the first song, '19 You+Me' by Dan and Shay started.  "My little Princess G-G." she said as I giggled.  I was no princess, just a girl.

"I love you." she said as she kissed my forehead.  I leaned forward and kissed her cheek as I said "I love you too."  Mama and I hugged as she left.  She closed the door as 'Slow Me Down' by Sara Evans played.  I slowly let my eyes flutter shut as I listened to my music.  I think it was Scotty McCreary's 'I Love You This Big' that put me to sleep.

***

Hey guys!  So I'm running low on ideas.  I don't want to rush towards my big plans.  So if anyone has short term ideas involving any characters, please let me know.  Also, if you write stories could you please tell people about my book.  I don't want to be stuck-up, but I just want to put it out there.  Also this week's Chapter Star is...KPanda2013 !   She comments and votes in all the stories I write.  She is my number one as I am hers.  Love you girl!

Also, I will be very busy the next few weeks for I am going to America's Got Talent!!!!  I am so excited and I hope I am good enough to go on the show.  I will make a vlog and put it on my YouTube, which if you aren't subscribed to...why aren't you?!  My user name is just: Jessi Tobias and I have only about fifteen videos up, but there will be more.  So wish me luck and remember you are gorgeous and I love you all!

One last thing...

Almost one thousand views?!  I started this like less than two months ago!  You guys rock!