Sisterly Love

Genesis' POV

I came home last week.  It was an absolutely amazing week in Nashville.  I wish I could go back, I just had so much fun with Miranda!  But now I'm back home and we're prepping for Thanksgiving.  I guess Mom decided to have it at her house, so it looks like a Martha Stewart magazine in the house right now.  I admit, the house has been smelling and looking really good these past few days.  But you wanna know what hasn't been good these past couple days?  What's actually been really annoying me?

Stella and Tori.

Yeah, I love my sisters and everything, but I think it's where they are also best friends before they were sisters.  So, they know how to drive me insane!  I understand not to get too aggravated with Tori cause I might scare her and remind her of her past, but seriously?  Last night, I was watching a movie in my bedroom and I kind of fell asleep during it.  Then guess what?  I woke up this morning with bright, red, lipstick all over my face!  Take a wild guess who the guilty culprits were?  The same ones who fell asleep next to the makeup bag.

I woke up this morning and let out a shriek.  "STELLA! TORI!" I screamed.  That also sent mom running into my room.  "What ha-" she started, and then bust out laughing.  "Mom!  This is not funny!  They drew all over my face!" I said angrily.  I could see them giggling in the corner of my door.  I slammed my bathroom door shut on them and wiped all the lipstick off.  When I was done I came back to mom scolding the two of them.  Deserved it.

"I'm sorry, okay sweetie?  I didn't mean to laugh.  I put them in time out for five minutes and told them that your room and my makeup is off-limits unless they get permission from you or me." she said.  "Thanks." I said with a little smile.  "By the way...you missed some." mom said as she swiped her thumb across my forehead to remove a red mark.  "So what we gonna do today on this lazy Saturday my lovely?" she asked in a fake British accent.  "Well, there's no dance or gymnastics today...can I have a friend over?" I asked.

"Sorry sweetie, I really can't have extra people over while I'm getting ready for Thanksgiving." Mom said.  I didn't show my frustration.  Stella had a 24/7 best friend with her.  "I'm just gonna go walk around the yard." I said.  It was really pretty this time of year.  It was still green but you could feel the fall air swirl around you.  I grabbed my Vans and went outside.  I walked all the way back to our pond.  If you were lucky, there were birds that would mess around there by the edge.

I wandered around for about an hour.  I think this would be a really cool place for The Amethyst Hearts to make a music video.  Maybe I'll make a video right now!  I had been working on 'Brave' by Sara Barellies, and this place would be perfect!  I ran up to my room to get my camera and tripod.  Well, that was my intention.  Until I saw what I walked in on.

The two little partners in crime were in my room and they were messing with my guitar and music stuff!  "What are you guys doing?!  Stop it!  MOM!" I yelled.  Mom came running up to my room.  I was almost in tears when I looked at my stuff.  My guitar had knocks and scuffs on it, two strings were popped, my sheet music was crumbled and colored on, and my song recorder had something red and sticky on it!  "How could you guys?!" I asked, crying.  "We were trying to play a song like you..." Stella said.

"I told you guys this morning to stay out of Genesis' room.  Even worse you messed with her music stuff.  I'm sorry, but you two are grounded for the rest of the weekend.  No TV, no iPad or iPod, and early bedtime." Mom said.  "Should be grounded for the rest of their lives." I mumbled.  "We're sorry sissy." Tori said sheepishly.  "Yeah, sorry Genny." Stella said looking at the ground.  "Yeah, whatever." I muttered.  I was so mad.

"You two, go to your room and think about what you've done.  Sweetie, I'll help you fix this.  I still kinda remember how to string a guitar and I'll try and clean up your sound recorder.  Can you still savage your music?" she asked while I looked at the papers.  "I remember it.  It'll just take me a whole day." I snapped, as I looked at Stella and Tori, who were headed to their room.  "I'm so so sorry baby.  I thought they were in their room, but believe me, they will not be leaving their rooms for the rest of the day." Mom said.  "It's not your fault." I tell her.  

I spend the rest of the day trying to fix my music, while mom re-strings my guitar and cleans the sound recorder.  I was fixing my last piece of music when I started feeling a little bad.  They were just four...NO!  They messed with my stuff, after mom and I told them to not go in my room!  But, they did say they were trying to be like me.  Does that mean they look up to me?  They want to be like me?  Okay, I was really mad they messed with my guitar and music stuff, but they were just trying to be like me...

"G?  It's all fixed.  Plus, dinner's ready." Mom said as she came in my room.  She put my guitar on the stand, and put the sound recorder on my desk.  I came down the stairs while she went to get my sisters.  I decided to set the table for her, so I pulled out four plates and forks.  We were having spaghetti and meatballs so that was all we needed.  Mom came down the stairs and Stella and Tori followed suit.

"Genny?  We're really sorry.  We just wanted to try and play the guitar like you." Stella said.  "Yeah, we made you this to show how sorry we are." Tori said.  They held up a big picture that looked kinda like me playing the guitar, in a preschooler sort of way.  "Thanks guys.  You know what?  I forgive you.  If you guys wanted me to show you how to play the guitar, you should have asked.  I gladly would have.  But touching my stuff without asking?  Major no." I said.  "Really you'll show us?" Tori asked.  "Yeah.  You're my sisters.  I gotta forgive you guys." I said and hugged the both of them.

"Aww.  Well this is super cute, but does not change anything.  You two are still grounded and have an early bedtime, however you are not quarantined to your room." mom said.  "What's quarantine?" Stella asked.  "Never mind." mom said as she rolled her eyes.  I giggled and looked at the picture they gave me.  It looked like they put a lot of effort into it, they even got my eye color right and didn't just draw black dots.

I really do love them.  No matter how much they drive me crazy and make me want to rip my hair out, you gotta love them.  They always have the best intentions and honestly, if your two little sisters look up to you and want to be like you...you must be a pretty awesome sister.  And to be an awesome sister, you gotta have to pretty awesome little sisters