A Very HG Christmas

Genesis' POV

It's Christmas Freaking Eve!!!!

I am so excited, I've been pretty much bouncing off the walls.  "Ya'll need to chill out.  You're gonna scare Santa away from the house!" Mom laughed.  I had known about the whole 'Santa' thing for about two or three years.  We were in the hospital on Christmas Eve when my dad broke his arm and they couldn't put the 'Santa' gifts under the tree in time, so I saw them.  They knew that I knew, but we still pretended for Stella.

I winked at mom when she said that.  She also knew that I knew.  I had told her in private one time that I knew and she was okay with it, but we would still pretend for Stella and Tori.  "When is everyone gonna get here?" Tori asked as she turned around from the Christmas movie she and Stella were watching.  "Everyone is gonna be here by four." Mom said as she took a wine glass out of the cabinet and filled it. 

"Do you need help with anything?" I asked as I leaned on the counter.  She took a sip of her wine and furrowed her eyebrow.  "Actually yes.  I made sugar cookies last night and they need to be frosted.  Frosting's in the cabinet.  Food coloring is in the drawer." she said as I already went to get the stuff.  I pulled the plate of cookies of the fridge and the frosting from the cabinet.  After setting them on the table, I got four different food colorings: red, green, yellow, and blue.  The frosting was white so I didn't have to worry about that.

I frosted the cookies until they looked perfect.  I probably spent an hour doing them!  "Can I eat the rest of the frosting?" I asked with puppy-dog eyes.  There was only a little bit left in the canister.  "Go ahead." she said, giving in.  I took the spoon and scooped it out.  Mmm.  So good.  "Calm down killer." Mom laughed as she put the cookies on the counter.  I giggled and licked the frosting off my upper lip.

*Two hours later*

I was laughing with Jena as I ate a piece of pizza.  We were playing 'Never Have I Ever' and playing with two four-year-olds made the game really interesting.  I had said, "Never have I ever, tried to rap like Iggy Azalea."  I loved music, singing, and all, but I can not rap even if my life depended on it!  I didn't think anyone would put their finger down, but Sam put his finger down and then tried to rap like Iggy, which made us all laugh hysterically.

"You guys wanna do the gift exchange now?" Liz asked.  She was only asking because she was eliminated from the game quickly, since she had done most of the stuff we brought up.  "Fine!" Willow said as we all got up.  We all got our gifts for the gift exchange and I held Liam's in my lap.  "Okay, youngest to oldest.  Stella goes first!" Liz said.  We were all in the circle and passed gifts to each other.  After Stella and Tori handed their out, I passed mine to Liam.  Willow was next to go and she handed me mine.  I smiled with eagerness as everyone else passed the gifts around.

"Alright, everyone go nuts!" Woody said.  Woody said. I opened my gift from Willow and gasped. "Oh My God!" I squealed. "A puppy!" Stella squealed with me. Everyone else around either looked at me, Willow, or the puppy.  It was a Golden Retriever puppy, and had shiny brown eyes and a golden coat.  "This puppy is really mine?!" I squeaked.

"It's a girl and she's all yours!" Willow said

"It's a girl and she's all yours!" Willow said. I could see Mom out of the corner of my eye, staring down Willow. "In my defense, you said it was fine!" Willow said raising her hands. "I know. I just didn't think you were serious. And you know I'm a sucker for puppies." Mom said as she started to pet the puppy. "Do I get to name her?" I asked Willow. "Yep, she's your dog." Willow chirped. I hugged the puppy's furry body and smiled. "Bella." I stated as I turned the bright pink color on her neck.

"She's so cute!" Liz exclaimed as she pet Bella.  "Thank you so much Willow!" I said as I hugged her.  "Merry Christmas!  My aunt's dog had puppies and I knew you loved dogs, so why not?!" she said all giggly.  "I still can't believe you." Mom said as she rubbed the puppy's ears.  "You said it was fine!" Willow defended.  "Come on guys!  It's Christmas, get along!" Tori said, hands on hips.  This made everyone laugh.

The rest of the night went on awesomely.  I played with Bella, making a makeshift bed out of blankets for her in my room.  Willow, Jena, Josh, and I were killing it on 'Just Dance' with Mariah Carey's 'All I Want For Christmas Is You'.  We ate more pizza, drank more pop, and cracked more jokes.  The jokes that most of the cast were making, I guess were adult jokes, cause I sure as heck didn't get them.  But the whole cast was laughing hysterically.

Around ten o'clock everyone left saying that they had to go 'wait for Santa'.  I didn't roll my eyes, but I mentally did.  I hugged everyone goodbye and just like that it was all cleared out.  I flopped down on the couch and picked Bella up.  Willow said that she was toilet trained and when I walked her outside she would go then and only then.

"Thanks for letting me keep her." I said as Mom came over to sit down on the couch.  She had just took sleeping Stella and Tori upstairs to their rooms.  "Anything to keep that smile on your face." she said as she side hugged me.  "I love you." I whispered.  "I love you too baby girl.  Merry Christmas." she said, kissing my forehead.  "Wanna watch a Christmas movie?" I asked.  "No, you need to get ready and go to sleep.  I'll walk her, and then meet you in your room.  She's sleeping in there right?" she asked.  I nodded and went upstairs.

I changed into my pajamas that said 'I just want one thing for Christmas...TO RUN THE WORLD!' and then the matching pajama bottoms.  I got into bed and put on my classical Christmas instrumental music.  'Carol of the Bells' started playing when Mom came up with Bella.  She set Bella on my bed and pushed my bangs out of my face.  "Merry Christmas babe.  Goodnight." she said.  "Night." I said smiling.  As she left, I pulled Bella by my side and fell asleep with her.

***

Hey guys!  So I threw the puppy into this chapter because I was reading this book's earlier chapters and realized that I threw in a Beagle puppy at the beginning and then totally forgot about it!  So this kinda makes up for that.  Whoops!  I hope you guys enjoyed this.  I have the rest of this book planned out and the first 20 chapters of the second book planned out.

Also, question.  Should I include a word at the end of every chapter that will hint at what will be in the next chapter?  Tell me what you think, and if you like, I will start doing them i the next chapter!  Thanks for all the views!