Sleepover

After we went out and got pizza and got the movies from the Redbox, we went back to Tessa's house.  Okay, house is a lie.  Her house is almost as big as Jen's!  Tessa explained that her uncle was a world famous surgeon and when he died, he gave his entire inheritance to Tessa's mom.  It was a really big, like a mansion.  We got out of the car and Tessa said, "Chloe knows where everything is, but it's so fun to tour around the house!"  She giggled as she said it.  "Tess? Could we change first?  As much as I love sitting in gymnastics clothes all night." Chloe said.  "Oh, yeah!  You could see my room then too!" Tessa said happily.  We all giggled like schoolgirls as we went to Tessa's room.

Tessa's room was so cool!  She had a set of bunk beds and a pull out bed underneath the bottom bunk.  Across from the beds was a huge TV and with almost a million movies.  But we already decided on a movie from the Redbox.  We decided on our two most favorite Disney movies ever, 'Tangled' and 'Up'.  I just LOVE Tangled!  "Alright, Chloe I know you like these pajamas.  So Genny, you can use these if you want." Tessa said as she offered me a set of clothes  

It was a black tank top that said 'Stay Up All Night' and a pair of leopard pajama pants.  "Cute!  Thanks Tess." I said.  We just changed right there.  We're all girls.  It wasn't like we were changing in front of total strangers!  Once we changed Tessa announced the tour of the house.  She took us all around her house and pointed out where her brother's room was.  We peeked on him and he was just yelling at the people he was playing Xbox with.  We quickly left after he started yelling some not so nice words.

Tessa showed us all the rooms in her house.  She said when she was little, she got bored and counted all the rooms and made a list of all the different people who stayed in the guest room.  She had every kind of room imaginable!  She had a music room, a game and movie room, seven different guest rooms,  four bathrooms with showers the size of a walk-in closet, two kitchens, and the coolest thing ever: a spiral staircase!  Yes, it's so girly of me but I love big houses with all that fancy stuff.  They're just so cool!

"Hey Gen, you said you like singing right?" Chloe asked.  "Yeah!  I love it!" I gushed.  "I have a karaoke machine in the music room, let's do that for a little while!" Tessa suggested.  We all nodded and hooked up the machine in the music room.  "What kind of music do you guys like?" I asked as Tessa plugged in the karaoke machine.  "I like pop artists and country bands." Chloe said.  "Same here." Tessa replied.  I nodded.  "I like all kinds of music." I said.  "Oh I got an idea!  Let's all sing Firework by Katy Perry!  Everyone knows that" Tessa said excitedly.  Chloe and I nodded as Tessa searched for an instrumental version.

"Let's put this on YouTube!" I suggested.  Chloe and Tessa agreed and we put Chloe's iPod on the tripod Tessa had.  She opened her YouTube account and we started the intro while Tessa fixed the music.  "Hey, it's Chloe!  I'm with my bestest friends Genesis and Tessa.  We are gonna all sing Firework by Katy Perry.  Hope you enjoy!" she said as Tessa started the song.  We all had microphones hooked up and sang along.  We sounded pretty good!  It was like we were a professional band!  A band of ten year old girls.

We ended the video and went back to Tessa's room after we made three bowls of popcorn for the movies.  We were gonna do our nails as we watched the movies.  We pulled all the blankets and pillows off of the three beds and bunched them up on the floor.  Despite all the beds, we still were gonna sleep on the floor.  Tessa dumped all her millions of colors of nail polish on the floor and started 'Tangled'.  I did a galaxy nail art tutorial on my nails and it looked so cool.

After the first movie ended we started 'Up' and started actually watching the movie.  We were a little bit tired and tried not to fall asleep.  Not that we could fall asleep.  Every few minutes one of us would start talking about something or start goofing around and telling jokes.  "You know we all sounded really good singing.  We should start a singing group!" I suggested.  "Oh that would be fun!  We would need a cool name." Chloe said.  "It would have to be something really cool and kinda cute." Tessa said.

"What's your guy's birthdays?" I asked.  "Both of us are February.  I'm the sixth." Tessa said.  "And I'm the twenty-first." Chloe said.  "I'm February fourteenth.  Valentine's Day!  I was thinking we could use our birth stone as our name." I said.  " That sounds cool!  The February birth stone the amethyst.  What could we be?" Chloe said.  "I got it!  The Amethyst Hearts!  Cause Valentine's Day is all about love and it's in February.  The Amethyst Hearts!" Tessa said.

"OMG I love it!" Chloe and I said at the same time, making us laugh.  "Well it looks like we're a singing sensation!  The Amethyst Hearts!" Tessa said.  "Wait.  We should be Genesis and the Amethyst Hearts.  After all, it was Gen over here who thought of this." Chloe said.  "No, just the Amethyst Hearts.  You guys are as big of a deal as me!" I protested.  "No way.  Genesis and the Amethyst Hearts.  Because your name means 'the beginning' and this is the beginning of our band." Tessa said crossing her arms.

"Fine we are 'Genesis and the Amethyst Hearts', but only because it sounds cool and has meaning!  But for short we'll be the Amethyst Hearts." I said happily.  Tessa and Chloe nodded at the compromise I made.  Then we all group hugged from our sitting position in excitement of our new group.  We watched the rest of the movie and wrote down songs we wanted to learn and sing for the YouTube channel we were going to create for the band only.  We would all have access to it so we could either upload solo videos or our group performances.

"And on our YouTube channel, Genesis and the Amethyst Hearts could also be a dance and gymnastics group.  We could make videos of us doing different routines and stunts!" I suggested.  "Yeah, we don't have to tie ourselves down." Chloe said.  "Yeah, we will be 'flipping' sensations!" Tessa joked, making us fall over into laughter.  I never thought of myself as a singer or a gymnast, and now I'm in a singing and dance -gymnastics group with my best friends!  Heck the group was named after me!  As my Dad would say, "Now Gen, that's something to be proud of."