Nashville Prepping

*Current Date in Story: November 14, 2013*

Genesis' POV

Today we're gonna video call Miranda and start getting ready for me to go to Nashville and spend a week with her.  Yep, I'm gonna get to work with the Miranda Lambert for a whole, entire week!  The sad part is that Mama, Josh, and Stella won't get to stay with.  They have more premiers and stuff, plus Stella has modeling.  I already talked to Kara about the play and being away, and she said it would be fine since practice didn't start until after I came back.

"Alright, Gen!  I'm gonna call her!" Mama yelled from downstairs.  I came running.  "I'm here!" I yelled as she hit the call button.  Within a few seconds, Miranda's face popped up on the laptop screen.  "Hey guys!" she said happily.  "Hi, Miranda." Mama said as I waved to her.  "Alright, so let's get down to business!  Ar-Uh Genesis...how do you want to get here?  I can pick you up in California, you could fly here...what do you want to do?" Miranda asked.  "I was gonna fly her there.  She'd fly into Nashville International on the sixteenth." Mama said.

"Okay, that sounds good.  When does her flight come in?" Miranda asked.  "Uh, noon." I said looking at the paper.  "Okay, I'll be there and Blake might come to.  He may still be at 'The Voice' until that night." Miranda said as she wrote down the stuff we were telling her.  "So, I was thinking that Wednesday when you come in, we'll just settle in.  Then on Thursday we can go to the recording studio and toss around some song ideas.  Then on Friday or Saturday we can do a sound check and maybe record some stuff." Miranda said.  "That sounds awesome!" I told her.  "Okay, and I was gonna have her fly back on the twenty-third.  That good?" Mama asked.  "Yeah, that'll be fine." Miranda said.

Mama and Miranda talked a little more about my transportation arrangements and what I should bring.  They talked for about another two hours.  Then they ended the call.  "Alright you are all set.  I'm gonna drop you off at the airport Wednesday morning at 3 AM, and then Miranda will be at the airport at noon." Mama said.  I nodded and asked, "So what do I need to bring?" Mama turned around in her spinning chair and faced me.

"She said to fully embrace your country girl side.  Fancy and casual.  So we are going to go full on country girl shopping!" Mama said.  I threw my arms up in the air and yelled "Woo!"  "Get your shoes and let's go!" Mama said.  Stella was at a friends house so we were good to go.  I was wearing a pair of jeans, my white t-shirt, and a red leather jacket.  I left my hair down and pushed my feet into my red Keds.  "Ready Spaghetti?" Mama asked and I laughed as I nodded my head.  We got into her car and drove off to find some stores to shop at.

We made our first stop at 'The Country Caboodle', one of LA's most popular girly-country outfitters in all of LA.  When we got there I went pretty much crazy.  This was the most country I had gotten since moving to California.  I went over to the shirts and found a black shirt that had a pink deer silouette and said 'Backwoods Barbie'.  I also got this really cute dress that had a jean top and a frilly bottom with a brown belt where the two met.

I got some other clothes there.  Enough to last a whole country girl week in Nashville.  Then we went to Guitar Center.  I wanted to get some new music, picks, and a better case for my guitar.  I got a tan case that had a pink lining inside, a few camo guitar picks, and a book full of country songs.  We hit a few more stores and found some more clothes and stuff to do in Nashville.  I got a drawing book on how to draw horses and country landscapes.

We came home and I was kinda tired.  I was glad I didn't have gymnastics tonight.  I went home and helped Mama bring up all the stuff we bought.  "Alright so we'll pack your bags tomorrow, so you'll be ready to go when the big day comes!" Mama said.  "Alright.  Mama, I'm gonna get ready and go to bed." I told her.  I went up to my room and looked at the poster on my wall.  Miranda gave it to me when I met her.  It was of her and she autographed it.  "To Genesis, the girl who never stopped at anything.  You are brave and beautiful.  I love you G-G!" 

I smiled as I read it.  I changed into my pajamas and laid down in bed.  As if on cue, Mama came into my room.  "Hey angel girl.  Goodnight." she said as she kissed my forehead.  "Mama, will you sing for me?" I asked her.  "I can try.  Thought I will never be as good as you!" she said and we laughed a little.  "Please?" I begged.  Mama smiled and started singing for me.

You tucked me in, turned out the lights
Kept me safe and sound at night
Little girls depend on things like that

Brushed my teeth and combed my hair had to drive me everywhere
You were always there when
I looked back

You had to do it all alone, make a livin' make a home
Must have been as hard as it could be

And when I couldn't sleep at night
Scared things wouldn't turn out right
You would hold my hand and sing to me

Caterpillar in the tree
How you wonder who you'll be
Cant go far but you can always dream
Wish you may and wish you might
Don't you worry hold in tight
I promise you there will come a day
Butterfly fly away

Butterfly fly away, butterfly fly away
Flap your wings now you can't stay
Take those dreams and make them all come true

Butterfly fly away, butterfly fly away
We've been waiting for this day
All along and knowing just what to do
Butterfly, butterfly, butterfly, butterfly fly away

Butterfly fly away
Butterfly fly away

When Mama was done singing, I slowly let my eyes close.  Then I became a butterfly.  It was like I flew away into a land or grace and awesome dreams.  I was excited.  I was gonna leave in a few days.  I was gonna miss my family, but I was gonna work with Miranda!  This was possibly one of the biggest breaks ever in my life!