Mud and Phone Calls

Genesis' POV

I stayed awake the rest of the night wondering bout what Miranda had said.  She thought I was Arizona?!  It seemed impossible, there were pictures of me at the hospital with my mom when I was born.  There were pictures of my mom pregnant with me, Genesis Carlie Patterson (Well, now Lawrence).  It was impossible for me to be Miranda's daughter.  I think I was gonna tell her today.  Well later today, it was seven in the morning right now.  Maybe I should call Mama and see what she thinks.

I hear shuffling downstairs after an hour to I start to get up.  I get changed into my outfit for the day.  It's a gray and white striped t-shirt, my light colored jean shorts, and a flannel.  I put on my prism necklace and brushed out my hair.  How do I tell Miranda that I'm not Arizona?  I can have the pictures sent here.  It's impossible.  I decided to just talk to her if she wants to.  I go downstairs and see Miranda leaning on the counter.

"Hi." I say quietly.  "Oh, hey.  Uh, Genesis, can I talk to you?  About last night?" Miranda said.  I sat across from her at the kitchen island and nodded my head.  "Listen, I'm so sorry about that.  I know you had parents that loved you so much and you have Jen.  It was really mean of me to try and say that they weren't your real parents.  I guess I was just trying to find closure.  I'm so sorry.  I know your not Arizona, but maybe one day I will find her." Miranda said.  

"Miranda...I know I'm not Arizona.  There are pictures of when my mom had me and when she was pregnant with me.  There's no way anything could have been switched, cause my dad never took his eyes off me or my mother.  He was afraid we'd get switched.  I'm really sorry too Miranda." I told her.  "It's alright.  I think this made me start to accept that wherever Arizona is she's being taken good care of." Miranda said smiling.

"So, what are we gonna do today?" I asked.  "Well we can go to the studio and write some music, or we could break out the four wheelers and go muddin'.  What do you think?" Miranda asked.  "I haven't been muddin' in like forever!" I tell her.  "Alright then, go grab some jeans and let's go mud!" Miranda shouted.  I ran upstairs and changed my shorts for jeans.  I put my cowboy boots on and met Miranda downstairs.   "Ready?" Miranda asked as we headed out back to the barn.  "Totally!" I yell.

*Couple Hour Time Skip*

OMG!  Today was awesome!  We totally tore up the mud!  I had forgotten how much I loved to ride four wheelers.  I loved feeling the wind under my helmet as it weaved through my hair.  The cold mud splashing up on me as I rode over it.  Both Miranda and I were covered literally head to toe in mud.  We were not sure how to gt to the bathrooms to shower and not get mud all over.  She we did the only logical thing possible.  We turned on the hose and got the mud off that way.  

We had to stay outside for an extra thirty minutes so we could dry off enough to go back inside.  We probably looked crazy, but it was so fun!  After wringing out our hair, we were dry enough to go inside and take a real shower.  I went to the bathroom inside the guest room I was staying in, and Miranda went into the bathroom in her and Blake's room.

"Take your shower and then just get into something comfortable.  I was thinking for dinner we could order a pizza and watch some movies.  Any movie in particular you wanna watch?" Miranda asked.  "Pitch Perfect?" I asked.  "Sure thing.  Love that movie!" Miranda said.  I went upstairs and went int the bathroom.  I stripped out of my damp clothes then stepped into the shower.

I was in the shower and I heard my iPod start paying the tone that I was getting a call.  Yeah, since it was just an iPod I downloaded the call app so I could call Mama or Josh or anyone if I need to.  Whoever it was could wait until I didn't have any mud in my hair!  I made sure there was no more mud covering me and I got out.  I found my clothes were gone, so I guessed that Miranda came up to wash them.  Hopefully she didn't hear me singing 'Don't You Wanna Stay' by Jason Aldean and Kelly Clarkson.

I wrapped my hair in a towel and my body in another.  I looked at the time and it said it was around 5 at night.  Wow, we rode for that long?!  Wel, you know what they say, 'Time flies when your having fun!'.  I got my sleep romper out that had a black Aztec print and slipped into my fuzzy black socks.  I put my hair into a ponytail so the wet hair wouldn't stick to my neck.  

I decided now was a good time to see who called.  Huh, it was Mama.  Maybe she was just wondering about how stuff was going.  I was about to call her back and tell her about the whole 'I'm Arizona' mix up, but then she started calling me!  I answered and said, "Perfect timing.  I was about to call you!" I could hear Mama giggle from the other end.  "G, sweetie I'm gonna come right out and say this." she started.  I could hear a weird tone in her voice.

"What's wrong?" I asked.  "Nothing's wrong.  Everything is actually alright now.  Do you remember your sister's friend Tori that came over a few days before you left?" Mama asked.  "Yep, what about her?" I asked.  "Genesis, she was over again today.  Tori had bruises all over her.  Genesis, Tori was abused by her family." Mama said.  "What?!" I choked out.  Little red head Tori?  No, no, no!  "What's gonna happen?!  She can't go back to them!" I said in fear.  "It's okay.  I know.  She isn't going back.  Her parents were arrested as i took her to the hospital." Mama said.  "So what's gonna happen?" I asked, fearing the worst...an orphanage.

"I adopted her."

****

So how many of you saw this chapter coming!  I told you guys a couple times that Genesis may not be Miranda's daughter and know Miranda has admitted to it.  So guys, Genesis is NOT Miranda's daughter if you didn't figure it out.  So I threw you for a loop with Tori.  I think this book may be coming to an end soon.  I will make a second book though, wherever I end this one.  So yeah, all for now!  Bye ya'll!