Come Fly With Me

"Genesis, sweetie, time to wake up.  We gotta go on the plane." I heard slip into my dreams.  I let my eyes flutter open to see Jen gently shaking me awake.  "What time is it?" I asked groggily.  "About three in the morning.  Come on, you can sleep on the plane." she said and I stretched my arms out.  I gave a yawn as slid my feet over the side of the guest room bed.  Jen went over to the other side of the bed and started to try and wake up Stella.  "It'll be easier to just grab her before we leave.  She's not a morning person." I said giggling.  "Alright, I'll get ya later." Jen whispered to Stella as she continued to snooze.  "Last night I got everything into the suitcases.  We're gonna have to wait a little longer at baggage claim, but then we won't have to wait for them to ship it." Jen said.  "Can I stay in my pajamas?" I asked her, looking down at my pink polka dot pajamas.  "Sure thing baby." she said.  

"Here, let's get something for breakfast." Jen said, starting to head towards the kitchen.  I on the other hand really did not want to move.  Unless I was moving back to bed.  "Come here." Jen said and she picked me up and set me on her hip.  I rested my head on her shoulder and roped my arms around her back.  We made our way down the stairs and into the kitchen.  Jen picked a box of granola bars out of the cabinet.  "Hey, Genny, come on.  You gotta wake up for a little while.  I promise, when we get on the jet, it's a six hour flight.  You can sleep the whole way home." she said setting me down.

She offered me the granola bar and I thanked her.  I sat down at the island chairs and unwrapped the granola bar.  I sleepily ate it as Jen made sure everything was ready to go.  I finished it and then threw the wrapper in the silver trashcan.  "Do you need help?" I asked Jen as she checked the suitcases.  "No sweetie, it's okay.  Oh, I do have something for you and Stella when we get home." Jen said smiling.  I smiled back at her and said, "I could go get Stella."  Jen smiled at me trying to be helpfully in my sleepy state, which was starting to wear off.

"No, let's let her sleep.  You can start taking some of these suitcases to the car and get yourself buckled in." Jen said.  "Okay" I said.  I took the handle of the suitcase I got yesterday.  It was light blue with white zig-zag stripes.  "In the back?" I asked as I got to the door.  "Um, yeah.  I have your personal bag right here so you can keep it with you while we fly." Jen said.  I nodded and carried my bag out the door and to the car that had the trunk open.  I rolled the bag down the driveway and lifted it into the back.  This one was kinda heavy, so I had to put a little more muscle into this.

I went back to the house when I got the suitcase in.  I saw Jen coming down the stairs with Stella in her arms.  "Hey Genesis, I'm gonna put Stella in the car and then I'm gonna help you finish putting the suitcases in the car.  My mom is getting ready to take us to the airport." Jen said as she came to the bottom of the staircase.  I nodded and grabbed another suitcase, this one smaller and lighter.  I walked out with Jen to the car and as she put Stella in the car, I put the suitcase in the back.  We went through the procedure of taking suitcases to the car a few more times.

Karen came down the hallway just as we finished.  "Morning ladies.  We gotta go, can't miss that flight!" Karen said.  I put my flip-flops on headed out the door with Jen and Karen.  I got to the car and slid into the backseat.  I put my seat belt on and leaned on the window.  "Okay guys, you ready?" Karen asked from the driver's seat.  I nodded and said, "Yeah, I'm ready."  Jen smiled and started giving Karen directions to the airport.  After Karen got the directions into the GPS, Jen turned on the radio and 'Fancy' by Iggy Azalea was playing.

When we got to the airport it had started to rain.  I had actually watched the drops roll down the windows and pretend that they were in a race to finish first.  We pulled up right to the runway.  "Can you do that?" I asked.  "When you're a celebrity you can." Jen said as she came around to get Stella.  I leaned to look at the big jet in front of us.  "Come on baby.  We gotta get up there before everyone else." Jen said as she picked up Stella.  I got out of the car and shielded my face with my hand to avoid the rain.

I went around back to help Karen with the bags.  "No sweetie, get on the plane with Jen.  I don't want you to get sick." she said.  "Okay, bye." I said.  "Bye angel, I'll see you soon hopefully." Karen said.  I walked up the stairs to the plane next to Jen, and when I stepped inside...oh my God!  It looked like a mini palace!  "Welcome to first class girls." Jen whispered as Stella started to wake up.  I wanted to run all around, despite it being early, and look at every single inch of this thing.  "Go and sit down.  I'll get your bags up here after they load everything." Jen said as she set Stella down on one of the huge white leather seats.  I sat down by her as Stella went back to sleep.

Jen came back about five minutes later with three backpacks.  One with an 'S' embroidered on it, the other with a 'G'.  She came and sat down in the middle of me and Stella.  "Okay, so there are only gonna be two or three other people in first class, but they won't bother us.  So you can just go back to sleep if you want.  Or I got some of your books and stuff in your bag." Jen said as she handed me the bag with the 'G' on it.  I accepted it, but set it down besides me.  I wanted to go to sleep.  I leaned my head on the chair, and right before I was about to fall asleep I could barely hear the sound of people boarding the plane.