22: the physics of casualty

"see first of all i'm not mad at you at all.. its all fine but since you wanted to know, i'm gonna have to dig that up. second, i'm a bit of an over reactor. i over react a lot. the same like i did in front of Shonali. i ruined the whole trip but i swear that wasnt my intentio--"

"wait wait this was supposed to be my apology not yours." good point.

"you know what.. leave all that.. i dont think thats relevant. i dont feel bad at all.you dont feel bad at all. do you? and also please assume everything is okay."

he kept quiet looking low . his gaze fixed.

"so we're good?" i asked as if nothing happened.

he gave a nod saying nothing. i think something hit him. suddenly he got all quiet. why didnt he react on anything.

i went inside and so did he. we avoided any contact. slept through dinner..

next day i went to school with all the crappy mood since Kv saw me in my school uniform and had a laugh of a lifetime..

"you coming to Sadar? i'm driving and no touching i promise." he asked me in the afternoon but i thought he wanted me to go.

"eww you made that sound so inappropriate"

to this he chuckled.

"okay wait i'm coming."

 i called my friends to ask if they were up for a game of Squash. 

we reached there to see his uncle and aunt and it seems like they had a wrong impression that i was his girl.. she gave the typical aashirwad wala thing to me..

he spent time with them i took leave to play squash. after few games i refused to be all tired and sweaty so i left early.

i showed him the best parts of the market .. when we reached i was 100% positive that mom will freak out but hey not today. she looked so chilled up. she welcomed us like its such a normal thing for us to hang out this late. what happened to my mom was a mystery. it still is.

we all gathered for dinner and out of literally nowhere my mom dad dug the physics test.

"yoouuu failleddd??" KV almost shouted , looking as shocked as he could.

"now who's over reacting ? it was just a test.. surprise test. MOMMM"

"i'm teaching you today idk but i am"

"fine.whatever."

that day and the next day, he taught me physics. spending too much time together wasnt that bad as i expected. he taught me few chapters and after all the endeavor , i couldnt solve the some problems..

"its been 3 hours Naina..even i hate physics now." he was about to rub his eyes with the graphite covered   fingers.

"shhh shh " i tried stopping him but it was too late.

never too late for laughing although. i laughed seeing the black eye kinda thing..

"whaaattt uh" he blinked his eyes and i swear to god it looked so cute.. SHUT UP NAINA..

he suddenly stopped laughing and we stayed quiet for a while..

"emm so Naina.." with the lowest audible voice, he initiated.

"so Kv.." i half smiled covering my face with my hands.

"do you read?"

"DO I READ?? worst question ever. i luuuvvvvee readinggg .. i'm this crazy maniac who cannot stay without reading.. heyy wait wait lemme show you something."

seeing him listen so keenly, so kept speaking and i showed him my  collection of hardbound first cover classics.. and he kept staring me speak.

"what.. look here" i was really prying here.. he listening me talking for one more hour..

"oh my god look at the time.. don't you have to leave.. chalo chalo lets pack ...

"chalo." he stared me in the eye . what was wrong with him. why was he staring. maybe because i was acting weird and talking a lot.

"you coming? Airport? " he gave a mysterious smile.

"yes. tell me when you're leaving." i smiled back..

doing great Naina ! way to go . you're casual enough to be his friend. see this is how to be friends with a guy, without liking him.. this is how you dont hurt yourself by his mere thoughts. look at you Smart Naina, so casual. you've been to friends with guys before..its easy this time too.. you talked to him the most simple easy manner.. he did that too. you guys laughed. you guys talked. did you feel a thing?? hmm??

maybe i did.